DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Are These Panels Any Good?

Andy™

mate of mine is looking at getting solar panels fitted - dont know the full details yet, but the the company is using LG300N1C(W) - B3 panels. are they any good or go elsewhere?

very nice panels, fitted a set last week. What inverter and how much are they charging? Many companies push good panels, then cheapskate the inverters with Chinese shite

inverters are enphase micro inverters. £4440 for a system with 1 panel, plus £300 per extra panel. £6540 for 8 panels, with a max of 12 for roof size

unless that's gold plated tell him to cancel contract now, he should have 14 days under doorstep selling legislation.. I fit SMA inverter with 13 off LG 300w for just over £6k, it varies a bit with roof, scaffold access. Micro inverters are a waste of money, unless he has complicated shade issues, but then the system would be worth fitting anyway due to FiT drops, plus when they do fail you have to get on roof and disamantle array to replace circa £0.3k plus materials.

LG 300w panels are £190 + VAT trade incidentally.

thanks, nothing been done yet apart from quote

can you recommend anyone up here?

don't know anyone in your area, think Steps is nearest. Do the usual internet search and check out on facebook etc etc

Where is here?

south shields

Want me to get you a price Andy,?

Beer will be extra,  :D 

If you (or anyone else?) want to give a price you can, i can get photos & any measurements etc you need

Ye, some pix and size of the roof would be good,

and PM me the address and I'll Google earth it for access etc. 

ill get some details in the next few days

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

I'm new here but I'm looking at solar PV for my renovation and I'm pretty close to you.

Did you get the work done yet or are you still getting quotes.

I've got one company from Sunderland looking at quoting mine at present but I'd like at least another two quotes so if you have any recommendations please pass them on if thats ok?

unless your renovation is likely to happen before xmas I wouldn't bother with PV. The government in its infinite wisdom had basically decided to destroy the green technology industry, no doubt so they can make subsidies to fracking....

unless your renovation is likely to happen before xmas I wouldn't bother with PV. The government in its infinite wisdom had basically decided to destroy the green technology industry, no doubt so they can make subsidies to fracking....

Build has started and is up to DPC level now so I'm hoping we will be done in time.  That's one of the main reasons for asking on here as I knew they were dropping the tariff slightly in October then last week I found out about the proposal for the big drop in January so there's a bit of a rush to get it done but I still want to make sure I'm getting a good deal and good quality installation.

This company from Sunderland I have quoting have come with good recommendations but I still always like to have three quotes if possible.

One other thing I was just thinking about last night was is it possible to get panels that can be mounted  direct onto the roof?  That is without the need for roof tiles?  All I'm thinking is if could I also save money on tile costs if they were to be covered by panels anyway?

you need an in roof mounting system, look at GSE. Costs a little extra, but makes much more sense...

you need an in roof mounting system, look at GSE. Costs a little extra, but makes much more sense...

GSE scheme looks interesting.  Have you used these before as I can't find a list of UK distributors on their site?

several times, which is why I would recommend it. It reads as complicated to install by the manual, but is actually quite simple in reality.

Archived