Spot The Fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's what you get when the meter monkey does not connect the outgoing tails and says "that's the customers sparky's job"   :slap

Maybee Just being picky but shouldn't the ducting be black?
I queried that on the other forum.

It's an an SP Energy area, and they specifically specified RED duct for the incoming cable.

I have never heard of red for electric cables before but that seems to be SP's rules.

I think it's a bit daft putting a waterproof socket INSIDE the meter cupboard.  That means to use it, the meter box door will be left open to let the rain in, and the meter and head are not waterproof.  Plus knowing how carp most meter boxes, the door won't last long swinging in the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
If thats on a building site it should not be using the suppliers earth either.

I was doing some site cabin temps earlier this week. There was a large GRP enclosure containing meter board and space for temp board. Had just finished bashing the earth stake in and saw a chap from the DNO come on site (he had come to talk to site forman about ducting to the new construction, etc) I collared him and asked him out of interest why they had fitted a TNCS earth terminal on a supply to site as not long ago they'd quite specifically refuse to fit one on such a supply (quite rightly), he basically shrugged his shoulders and said "we fit them on all jobs now, upto you if you use it mate".