18 Th Edition

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word on the street  ( or wholesalers)  is the 18 th edition Regs is with us next year and ......................yes you guessed it ................its another.... lets rip off all the sparks by getting them  back into college one !!!!    

Just listening ........could be wrong .....the blokes a pratt.

I'll find out, but, it should not be.

There are conflicting comments and I would not trust the wholesalers TBH.

There should be another 3 updates at least.

However, I have read an interview with a member of the BS7671 committee that suggests that the 18th is in preparation.

I have also read, from a less reliable source that a standard can only be amended twice, I have standards that have been amended more than that!!!

It might take a month or two, but I will find out...

It's only 4 years since I coughed up £285 (plus £65 for the BGB !) to do the 17th :red card

Last edited by a moderator:
The Revo got away lightly ..........£400  the 17th course  cost me  + the BRB  which is now redundant   ( And I was finding my way round that quite well too !!)  

What the hell is going on with so many alterations .......it has to be a rip off  !!!!! 

I seem to remember something about the two updates them third strike is a new edition? Think it was on an IET download video?

Sidey knows people in high realms of IET!

Why are you so sure?
Because the "industry" is not interested in the opinions of the rank & file, it never has been and never will be, it is only interested in the opinions of people "in power" in the industry, on committees, working for scams, manufacturers etc.

The rank and file members of the industry, the scams, and the IET are irrelevant in the opinion of those on "the committee".

Probably LFB have spoken and thus that's what will happen.

Should be called the LFB 18th edition when it comes out.

I had a touch then when I did my 17th down at East Surrey College. £230 all in inc the BRB and that damn great thick ring bound NICEIC learning guide. As I already had both books it was £130. There was some subsidy thing going on. Right place / right time etc I guess.

The alternative I think was 12 evenings at Gravesend for I think £480 (or was it £680?). The lecturer was btw John Elliott.

go to this site for to book your test

www.18th-edition-exam.co.uk

they don't when it will be published, but book anyway

they even have some mock exams for you to do

off the IET web

Work on the third Amendment to the 2008 version of BS 7671 (i.e. BS 7671:2008+A3:2015) was completed in December 2014, published in January 2015 with an implementation date of 1st July 2015.

The next update to BS 7671 is expected in 2018.

19th is probably being prepared too

ive heard that too, but it was 3 amendments then new edition
Yes sorry Andy you are right it is 3, but, I don't believe it.

Going to start investigations when my contact is back in work the week after next, but it will be a slow process.

Slidey is right ...the opinions of the rank and file , ie:   you & me , count for nothing in our industry,  never has , never will .

A similar thing with the old electrician's union , back in the day , couldn't give a phlying phart about their contracting members ...only the  engineering  maintenance type sparks  at car plants , car plant suppliers  & the ( back then) giant industrial engineering companies employing thousands.