Bootlace Crimping Tool?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Weidmuller, Weidmuller, or Weidmuller.

PZ4 goes 0.5-4mm sq

PZ6 roto is useful depending on where you are criming and goes 0.25(might be 0.18)-6mm sq

PZ16 does 6, 10, 16.

PZ50 does 25, 35 & 50.

That's all I have.

IIRC you can get bigger, you might want to look at the SWA ones, they seem OK.

If you are serious you'll get a "Strippax" & a "Strippax 16" too, they are great when you are doing multicore cables as you set the strip length for the ferrule and they all come out the same length for crimping.

If you are doing 100's then it saves LOADS of grief and hours of time.

They ARE worth the money.

People say Knipex crimpers are OK, I've never had one.

I'm looking for a RYB crimper at the moment, disappointed with the CK one I have.

I don't have enough strength in my hands to crimp 6mm sq 6491 with it now, the old "Cimpstar/Newlec" one I had was fine, but after 20 years it gave up.

I'm looking for a RYB crimper at the moment, disappointed with the CK one I have.

I don't have enough strength in my hands to crimp 6mm sq 6491 with it now, the old "Cimpstar/Newlec" one I had was fine, but after 20 years it gave up.
ive probably got the same crimpers, yellow is always a little awkward. red & blue works perfectly though

Truth hurts I guess, was hoping for about £50 -60, better save up a bit more then.

I had just clocked the cable craft site and had had a little lok through.

Cheers as always for the replies

My local wholesaler beat any internet price I could find on the PZ6Roto, and the PZ50. (I found out, AFTER I bought it off the internet!)

They do a good crimp.

If you want, I'll send you offcuts of 0.5, 0.75 (If I have any) 1.0, 1.5, 2.5, 4, 6, 10 & 16 with bootlaces on done with the crimpers for you to see.

I don't have any 25mm sq tri in stock at the moment, TBH I will have to check on the 10 & 16, I think I have both.

They are not the same on 6491 type.

Weidmuller, Weidmuller, or Weidmuller.

PZ4 goes 0.5-4mm sq

PZ6 roto is useful depending on where you are criming and goes 0.25(might be 0.18)-6mm sq

PZ16 does 6, 10, 16.

PZ50 does 25, 35 & 50.

That's all I have.

IIRC you can get bigger, you might want to look at the SWA ones, they seem OK.

If you are serious you'll get a "Strippax" & a "Strippax 16" too, they are great when you are doing multicore cables as you set the strip length for the ferrule and they all come out the same length for crimping.

If you are doing 100's then it saves LOADS of grief and hours of time.

They ARE worth the money.

People say Knipex crimpers are OK, I've never had one.

Mine went like that a good squirt with WD40 or equivalent brought them back to life

My Pressmaster PZD3 (4300-2810) does me on bootlaces up to 6.0mm. Wouldn't be without them. Got a couple. About £100 though...............

Ditched the firm supplied RYB crimper years ago as the yellow handle kept slipping off! Favourite is a no name from the boot fair tool stall years back.

my bootlace crimps only go upto 6mm too,

.25 .50 .75 1 1.5 2.5 4 6

unfortunately they miss out .34  , but its not a biggie for me, I cant remember ever having needed it, or loosing sleep about it if I did need it,

I've had them for about 15years, and I dont think they were crazy money when I got them, but, I cant see any name on them, maybe its wore off,  :|

Not sure what mine are to be honest

I think the 16/25/35/50 is a Cembre crimpstar

Smaller one is an RS one .(weidmuller maybe?) but it tends to cut the v small ferules into two bits as it is the type that makes a trapezoidal? Crimp....squashing all 4 sides at once

El,chaepo is an Ampliversal....i think

The ferule squisher on the Knippex Multipliers that come as a set with the Wera driver set is very good as well

Just saying

Not sure what mine are to be honest

I think the 16/25/35/50 is a Cembre crimpstar

Smaller one is an RS one .(weidmuller maybe?) but it tends to cut the v small ferules into two bits as it is the type that makes a trapezoidal? Crimp....squashing all 4 sides at once

El,chaepo is an Ampliversal....i think

The ferule squisher on the Knippex Multipliers that come as a set with the Wera driver set is very good as well

Just saying
thats a good point?

what is the best pattern to have?

mine makes a row of indents on one side,

They do a good crimp.

If you want, I'll send you offcuts of 0.5, 0.75 (If I have any) 1.0, 1.5, 2.5, 4, 6, 10 & 16 with bootlaces on done with the crimpers for you to see.

I don't have any 25mm sq tri in stock at the moment, TBH I will have to check on the 10 & 16, I think I have both.

They are not the same on 6491 type.
Appreciate the offer sidey but I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks