Hello Members New To The Forum And I Would Like To Ask Members Advice On Buying New Test Equipment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a 58 year old spark who has been off sick for a while .I have been offered some work testing some flats but I need to update my test equipment.  I have the old Robin test kit in the case but the calibration certificate is out of date.  I was thinking about a multi-function model but I have read bad reports on many brands I am not sure which one to get.  so I thought I would seek the advice from the people who use these on a daily basis to seek your opinion. I hope you can help thanks

jdinduntocher

If your equipment looks like it could be recalibrated then you should consider doing this if cost is an issue (as you you are just starting off again) its not as expensive if you can get the test gear to the calibration centre at reasonable cost . There are plenty of operators in the calibration business just do not go for the first one you see.

If you have the money for a new instrument do that, if not seriously consider either any modern  multifunction  tester made by Megger Seaward Robin Fluke and the good news is that you can buy a decent one secondhand on e bay for about 350 quid just make sure that it has a full years calibration on it at that price..I wish you the very best of luck  with this venture mate...just take your time when buying anything ..

Galvanist

Thanks for all members help I have had my robin test meters re calibrated as suggested by galvanist. £90 for the three meters,which I think will do until I have done a few weeks work and earned some money.the test company seem happy enough and are eager for me to start so happy days.

Thanks for the help

Jdinduntocher

Latest posts