New Member Saying Hello.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I served my time as a tool maker and passed all of my phase tests in plumbing, electrics, fitting and tool making. I am a self taught DIYer and have renovated a number of houses. I have always done the labouring and got a qualified spark to check and certify my work. I have been a part time infantry soldier for 40 years and getting dirty is part of any job. I hope people will help me in my latest project. Thanks in anticipation.

Captain Newtron.

I am wanting to put power and lights in to me new shed. It is 30 meters from the house and will need 40 meters of cable to reach from the main supply under the stairs to the shed fuse board. It will run under the floor pass through wall to the garden, be pinned to the garden wall to the shed and the in through the shed wall to the fuse box. I will have four lights and about 8 double sockets in the shed, and have been told that 6mmSWA 2core is what I need, some advice on the cable and thing to look out for would be appreciated.

I am interested in the electrical work and would be grateful to have your help in this respect. I am ex-banker with over 20 years experience.

Welcome to the forum.

My advise is contact a local electrician and get the job done properly. And this isn't me being funny in anyway shape or form at all buddy, this is more of a complex job than meets the eye and its impossible to completely advise over the internet.

You need to establish your earthing arrangement before you do anything.