DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Trouble With Vcl Downloader ....again !

Evans Electric

What is it with these things ?

Stepps recommended this ages ago and it worked a treat for about two years   ....then it just stopped working .

An updated version appeared which was great for a few months , then it wouldn't download anything unless you added some other thing to "help"  .   Adding that caused the PC to grind to a halt so I dumped it ....Norton spent the night doing "stuff"  to get it all working again . 

Anyone else had trouble with it ,  not just me again is it ?     Stepps ?  Its the downloader with a traffic cone as it's icon.

Apparently theres a Windows one ...I'll try that ,  my mate reckons it works with no prolem .

sorry Deke,

mine is working spot on,

as you know, I dont use windows,

so, as always,

maybe its a windoze problem,  :C

I have windows 8.1 and it works perfectly on mine too..

Oh, and i have Norton internet security too. I had Norton 3 in 1 or something it was called once, simply would not work at all AVOID... The internet security thing i have had for about 10 years, [obviously not the same one] and never had a problem with it or a virus either..

john..

sorry Deke,

mine is working spot on,

as you know, I dont use windows,

so, as always,

maybe its a windoze problem,  :C

Not your fault Stepps ,  after working faultlessly a box keeps appearing saying , " you must install our converter download to aggregate sound & video "

I installed that ,  PC began to show problems , then they were talking about a " license fee "  & how they were all volunteers etc. 

So,  just before dumping that VCL downloader I gave it one more try and behold !   The annoying box demanding a converter has gone , the claim for financial help is gone AND  it downloaded off Youtube a treat ! 

My mate had said he uses a downloader from Windows Store ...I had a look but could only see the VCL traffic cone  TBH .

deke,

im sure i said before, but i could be wrong,

the only issue i found was sometimes when i changed video i had to refresh the page for the downloader to kick in properly,

but,

it has recently updated to a new version, that may have changed, im not sure, i havent checked it yet.

glad you are back up and working though, i find it pretty foolproof, when it works, obviously.

Archived