Micro Usb To Usb Adaptor (Tablet)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats it,

nothing else to it,

just one thing though,

dont think tablets output very much juice on the usb, so might not power an external HDD or stuff like that,

if you want to use a HDD its best to use one with a separate power supply, or a powered usb hub.

I use one of those OTG things for my phone, sony, and tablet, nexus7, works fine for memory sticks etc,

yer, should have plenty of power for that, its only a wifi receiver really.

as binky says, only 1 sure fire way of finding out, and its not as if it will break the bank trying.

could just a usb bluetooth transmitter adaptor, pretty sure your tablet would have bluetooth built in or some other wireless connection.

I know my phone can be set as a wireless hub - suspect your tablet could do this aswell, which also means more than 1 person could view the images???

Last edited by a moderator:
could just a usb bluetooth transmitter adaptor, pretty sure your tablet would have bluetooth built in or some other wireless connection.

I know my phone can be set as a wireless hub - suspect your tablet could do this aswell, which also means more than 1 person could view the images???
I think the camera sends the signal at 2.4GHz, so Apache needs the tablet to receive it,

If it is an android tablet then USB Host mode has been supported as standard since 3.1. If your device is running < 3.1, you'll have to check the spec. Some had it fudged it.

So, will the device support USB Host mode? Most likely,

Will it connect to that dongle? Most likely,

Will there be any sosftware built in or available that can utilize that hardware? No bloody idea