White/brown Goods, Vacuum Cleaner Etc. Spares

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Those of you that do white/brown goods repairs, or domestic appliances of some sort, where do you buy your bits from please?

I've just ordered some parts for our Dyson from CPC, after doing a search for them, and the search wording was exactly what I wanted, but cpc decided that they would show me something else, however, as the search terms I used were specific, I took it that the parts were correct.

Why, oh why do these sites show you things that don't match the search terms, it really annoys me.

Anyway, any suggestions please for a reliable, reasonable purveyor of Dyson parts?

Thanks,

When we had a large retail outlet as well as contracting, we used e spare for the odd stuff. For the run of the mill stuf we had a rep who visited every tuesday and delivery every friday.

i find it is better if you call the 'corner shop' when it is for white goods as the telesales seem to use a beter search engine

Just local

E spares and Amazon. When searching try using this format  "xxxxx google should only present hits that have every word you type in to search instead of picking up every website with dyson tagged and those paying most money first.

had an interesting chat to a rep from Yell and the way Google etc now track your searches, then up pops an advert every so often to remind you what you have been looking for and on which website....the basteards are tracking you to make money X(

And, on this subject,

Can anyone recommend a lightweight vacuum cleaner,?

Been looking at cordless Dyson, etc, but don't know if battery life etc is any good,

The Miele is the best we've ever had. We have the rotating brush head and that is what broke after 3 years of use.

We use and abuse a Henry at work and he's still smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miele is the best we've ever had. We have the rotating brush head and that is what broke after 3 years of use.

We use and abuse a Henry at work and he's still smiling.
Is that cordless Apache,?

If not, what sort of weight is it? 

Do you have any links,?

Presently have an upright Dyson, keep trying to tell SWMBO a cylinder would be.better, but to no avail. 

5.1kg minus the long pole and brush, as I couldn't balance it on the bathroom scales.

Not heavy. Follows easily around the house. Light to take upstairs. I'd happily buy my gran one if she wanted a light and easy to use hoover. No battery weight.

If you want cordless, I've heard good things about the Gtech Airram (may have the name a bit wrong).