New! Carl From Hull

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Barker

Reaction score
Hello I'm Carl from Hull, I'm 28/29 in Oct, Married with 4 amazing kids (little terrorists). Recently passed my level3 diploma 2365 and worked as a mate for a few years now. Joined mainly to scout for contacts and general help in finding an employer to do the NVQ 2365 and complete the on-site training etc. Due to my age its difficult to find an employer to carry this out as they mainly want fresh blood or generally lack of opportunities in Hull. That's a little about me and I hope some of you guys have some invaluable info I can benefit from.

Welcome to the forum Carl from Hull. I hope that you figure out whether your 28 or 29 by the time your birthday comes around. To be fair, I wouldn't go around calling your children terrorists, there will be some terrorists out there that will take offence and then we won't be able to use the word terrorist anymore.

Other than that, a warm welcome and good luck with your chosen path.

Hi Carl, at your age is more a case of sort it out yourself.....you're a big boy now and no-one is likely to pay for anything cos you will be on more than apprentice wages and still cost the business £3k for the course. Alas finances/ bottom price competition just don't allow for this anymore. A sad state of affairs, but that's the way it is. At least you're 'mating' (that sounds so wrong) so once qualified you can offer experience, and from an employers point of view, you have demonstrated the gumption to sort your self out

Latest posts