"i Don't Believe It!"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're doing some shopping in Lichfield today and we need a birthday card for the Brother in Law .

What has taken over 1/2 of the shop ? ..............You guessed it !!!!    Bleedin' Christmas cards !!!     Just checking ...yep! ..its still August and the sun is shining .    What madness is this ?? 

Got to go card shopping tomorrow.....wedding anniversary on Wednesday
default_God%20no.gif

birthdays or Clintons ? awful places!!! usually that sort of nonsensical bolocks starts in September! Off to the garden centre later perhaps santa will be there!?
Crews hill. ? Xmas stuff there all year round.

Or Sunshine garden centre on Durnsford Rd not far from you, I used to go there many years ago when it was a Lido. It was in a B & W film like one of the Carry on, cant remember exactly.

forgot about crews hill with inflatable santa's all year round.

I used to go to the lido too :) and when it closed we used to go skateboarding there! :D

hortible place now! so overpriced and the staff follow you around like your a thief.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
duck dastardly? :ph34r:        :lol:

can't stand snobby shop assistants, like they are something special on minimum wage...... :swear:   (like that smiley, didn't realise it was there)

True story, a local Mercedes dealer spotted one of his regular customers in a new Merc, which he knew he hadn't sold him. So he phones customer to find otu why he hadn't bought the Merc from him. Turns out he had walked into show room in his gardening gear, ie scruffy, and the new sales rep had snubbed him, so he went elsewhere. Sales rep got sacked of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate of mine went to motor show with his mate

Both dressed like tramps, long hair, fish tail Parkas etc

His mate , for a change, goes for a look at Porcshe stand........car doors locked...rep,would not open car for him to have a look inside

Went over to ferrari stand...opened car up for him, got his details, made him a brew....made enquiries somewhere and found out he was not the person who,the image portrayed. Found out he has a number of Ferraris at home already!!

Pulled £20k out of his pocket and put a deposit on another one....took receipt over to Porsche stand....had a word with soon-to-be ex-salesman and showed it to his boss. Apparently it was a "Pretty Woman" moment

OOoooo  !!!  Reminded me of sometime in the early 70's ,  just married , went into my bank straight from a building site in donkey jacket ,mud splattered toetectors  etc .to ask about a mortgage .     Because I didn't prase the question correctly I suppose  (  Can I see someone about a loan ?)   this woman just waved me away , saying we only do loans for house purchases . 

Walked into the Woolwich ,  Sit down Sir , what can we do for you.