DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Single Socket Entention

Stevejunior

Hello all, just a quick one. But is it OK to cut a cable going to an existing single socket that I don't need and extend it using a junction box to a different part of the room upstairs. I can't spur off the double socket currently in the room as it already spurs into next door. The cable I want to cut currently goes into a single socket in the airing cupboard that I can get to under the floor boards. Cheer

yes, but it must be either accessible or maintenance free joint

It will be under floorboards, but in doorway so will be carpet up and a couple of screws in floorboard to get access.

Oh and thank you

It will be under floorboards, but in doorway so will be carpet up and a couple of screws in floorboard to get access. Oh and thank you

And what you are suggesting my friend is NOT accessible IMHO

And what you are suggesting my friend is NOT accessible IMHO

+1

Under floor joints need to be "maintenance free"

Use an MF joint box....WAGO and associated lever action coonectors is probably the best choice as in MY opinion they are the best in the World. Other peoples opinions are just that!

Costs a couple of quid more and complies...end of

Archived