Do I Need To Do C&g's?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaJunta

Reaction score
As a maintenance technician. With electrical as a compliment to my mechanical skills. But only formally trained by my company, and self taught. Working on 3phase panels, motors, controls and fault diagnosis. I do not necessarily want to to go the domestic route, enjoy the industrial and control side more.

Would I still carry on doing C&G's courses (when my work doesn't require them in my current role) or can I do a course to speasilise more in electrics rather thAn mechanics. And are there specific industrial courses which are recognised?

Heads confused!! :(

Welcome to the forum, from what you describe I assume you are not working unsupervised. As if working in a maintenance capacity around 3-phase machines, I would have thought the fundamental basics of electrical science and wiring regulations would be advantageous to both you and your employer. Self taught would leave a lot of big holes around safe working and health and safety compliance in my opinion.

Doc H.