Solar Pv Fit To End (Well Almost)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With no FIT to "support" prices. would you expect a big fall in panel prices and people DIY installing with no FIT? or will it just die altogether?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing they'll be a rush for a DIY installs? Then will come a 5 minute course and we'll soon have more qualified solar installers than domestic installers!!

Then there'll be adverts for free electricity DIY style. B&Q will lead the way in selling the panels etc to DIY joe!

MCS precludes the DiYers, which is brilliant!

I suspect parts prices can't fall much further, especially as EU anti-dumping law requires a minimum  price per watt on panels.

Just remembering when Dave Cameroon was so eco friendly he went dog sledging in the Artic. Could that possibly have been to win votes and another prime example of why you can't trust politicians??? ( I was going to add especially Tory politicians, but I don't want to start that argument again tonight :slap )

For those not aware, the Tories have just scuppered the 'buy to let' sector as well, whilst I'm not overally sympathetic to landlords, there is a big issue here in that so many people were using rentals as their pensions.......