Vent Tiles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know nothing of this but.....if the vents are low level i would have thought they were for air input as hot air rising will draw air in from lower down........OR is it for hot air falling?....seriously i do not have a scooby

In either cas I would think any restriction to air flow could be an issue. Air will still flow under the panels but surely it will,be reduced as it is not now in 'open air'

Blocking could be a problem......birds nests, flying carrier bags etc

Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe, one for and one against. That clears that one up then. I wouldn't even know where to get a deffinative answer. Guess I could try scam provider, see what they say.

Cheers

Irrespective of what you do, the vents are probably more likely to be obstructed by junk that the homeowner sticks in their loft than anything you fit externally.

Doc H.

The vent tiles could be for a multitude of things. Extract fans, soil pipe venting, air flow etc, so best port of call would be as Noz says, then post answer on here for knowledge of others. :)

I was at a property last week where 2 of the 4 vent tiles were extractor fans, the other 2 were directly vented to the loft, 

as said, 

LABC is probably the best option, after all, they are the ones that can, and do, make you remove the install, we had one a while back, conservation area, that was something like 50mm higher than the velux windows and the original installer was told it had to be removed, we had to go and strip it off, use different mounting system to get it to height. 

Well I rang Leeds LABC last week and they said to email the enquiry. I did this the same day, got an email back stating that it would be passed to the relevant person and a reply would come from there..............................

7 Days later, no such reply. Still don't know what to do.....

Going to but them tomorrow I think.

Just a follow up, I pestered LABC and they got back to me. the official word is, as long as the panels allow air flow underneith and do not block the vent, they can't see it being an issue.

Going to save that email and panel away ;)