Led Tube Lights - Need Advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figo_rulz11

Reaction score
Hi all,

not an expert but I've come for friendly advice!

I have 26-30 tube lights in my store and quiet frankly they are pants! I have been looking at LED tube lights as it seems like they are just plug and play, right? I want my store to look bright white to really stand out when a customer walks in but at the same time trying to keep the costs down as the lights will be on for 12 hours or so per day. Can somebody recommend where I can puchase between 26-30 LED tube lights? I know they all come in different wattages so which should i go for to keep energy costs down?

not the best picture i know but that's how they are currently in clusters of 4 per section of the store. 

20pbh4m.png

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget that. Replace each light with a led panel, there are some site sponsors here that sell them. The Cat 2 louvers you have were designed as low light/reflection levels in offices and are no good for retail. I have fitted 100's of the replacement led panels. They come only in 600 x 600 (one tile)

I get mine from LED hut

I've had a sample 1200 x 600,,, it gave off loads of light

It was just a shame that the shop owner was a bit short sighted,, could have saved him loads of money in the long run

BTW LED tubes are not swap & play,, you need to bypass the gubbins inside the fitting