Banana Pi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbh, the 512ram Pi runs *buntu of a fashion, just very laggy, so I'd think the 1G would run it fairly well. 

Might be worth searching some reviews of the banana one tho to see if any gains are to be had. 

The Banana has a dual core whereas the Pi 2 is quad core. But then the Banana appears to have a dedicated GPU....................

ye,

ive struggle along and just getting to grips with the Pi myself, so I think I'll stick to it as well,

I'm quite enjoying playing around with it atm,

just need to finally get it all hooked up and then do a write up about it,

then move on to the Pi2 and do something similar,  :D

ye,

ive struggle along and just getting to grips with the Pi myself, so I think I'll stick to it as well,

I'm quite enjoying playing around with it atm,

just need to finally get it all hooked up and then do a write up about it,

then move on to the Pi2 and do something similar,  :D
In my boy's Raspberry Pi Annual there is a retro arcade project using "standard" Xbox, PS type controllers. Want a copy?  ;)

In my boy's Raspberry Pi Annual there is a retro arcade project using "standard" Xbox, PS type controllers. Want a copy?  ;)
naaaa

its hardly retro for someone of my age to be using a game box controller,

anyway, I have problems using a joystick and buttons,  :slap

I did originally look at using a PS controller, saw a few tutorials online, but decided against as then it would just be a crappy version of the lads PS to him,

and I wanted it to be a 'proper' arcade machine.

Ive had a better look at that banana thing, and, seems it will run raspbian, so, I might give it a go for my next proper one with a vertical screen.

runs slightly faster, and faster RAM, and a better GPU so Im thinking the dual core Vs quad core wont matter to me, will it?

can a computer bod actually explain what difference it makes if I'm only running one programme at a time,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator: