Magic Eye And Multiswitch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted a few sky eye's but never with a switch or with anything other than Sky boxes.

I do remember reading that the sky eye was designed for skyboxes something to do with sending the IR signal via the coax?

I guess you have to suck it n see.

:^O   

Depends if the multiswitch has Dc pass or not.

The Sky magic eye is for sky boxes only.

For my other boxes I use a Powermid wireless remote extender.

Depends if the multiswitch has Dc pass or not.

The Sky magic eye is for sky boxes only.

For my other boxes I use a Powermid wireless remote extender.

I've done magic eyes through a dist amp before.... Like Dave says... "must have dc pass"
Ok, thanks,

I'll have a look at the weekend.

I wonder.

a multiswitch, that also incorporates tv distribution, has to be connected at the far end through a diplexer plate that separates the satellite feed from the tv feed.  could it be the diplexer plate that's not passing the dc, even if the multiswitch is capable?

Well, if my multiswitch has got DC pass I can check that Dave, as not all my outlets have diplexers on, my son's room is just a direct feed to his freesat box, and in main bedroom just a direct feed to tv, bot work perfectly fine without diplexers. I also have 2 feeds to shed, one diplexed and 1 not, absolutely no difference in quality, no matter what is plugged into either, tv or freesat box. 

Connect your sky box.  Go into the menu and turn "RF Out 2 power" on.

Measure with your meter at one of the tv points. Do you see 9V DC?

Ah, herein lies another problem,

I'm not using a 'SKY' box, i think it's going to be a case of suck it and see for me.

Last edited by a moderator: