DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

New Customer Dispute Legislation

binky

Like we havn't got enough to deal with.....

dispute resolution..pdf

kerching

Excellent news

I tend to have a few minutes spare time at a weekend...so this could fill,it up nicely!

Fecking unbelievable......there again, i have never had a complaint to deal with!

If i do then they will have to deal with ME....some people would say this is not a "route" to be taken lightly

There is also Big Vinnie....he provides a dispute resolution service

Only ever had 1 serious dispute in 10years, somthing to do with getting blame for Polish Builders lousy work.....I won! :slap

Hum..... best not upset any clients then (not that I do!) - but once a year there is a dam awkward customer!

kerching

I Never get the same awkward customer twice

Had a bloke a few years ago decided he was cleverer than me...not difficult

First fixed....got paid....he got arsey...I never went back. I let it be known around the area and he had to get it finished by someone from quite a distance away.......AND he bounced them!

it looks as though it only applies to 'buy with confidence' business, so wont affect most of us. it also states alternative dispute resolutions are voluntary

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Slightly off topic, what was the name/link/thread about the 14 day cooling off period and notifications which now affects us  ?

wasnt it 7 days?

NozSpark

It's the "Door step selling regulations"

It applies to anyone who makes a contract in someone's home

Buy With Confidence is just the source of the info.

It is 14 days for all domestic customers, you should be issueing contracts for any job over £42 to be fully compliant, and if you don't comply the legislation is fully open ended as it is criminal law, so a customer could demand money back in 5 years time and you haven't  a leg to stand on if you don't have a signed contract.

Only exceptions are emergency call outs.

must have changed, last i knew it was 7 days and £35?

NozSpark

They can sign a waiver though

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

If i visit a customers house, then a few days later email an estimate which they accept, is that included ?

yes, unfortunately.

after looking on google, it seems as though doorstep selling & distance selling have now been combined into 'consumer contracts', and its now 14 days cancellation instead of 7. but at least the min value has gone for £35 to £42... its also more complicated to understand that it was before...

but possibly the most useful bit i found was this on citizens advice website

When traders don’t have to give you a cancellation right
  • when you ask a trader to visit just to do urgent repairs or maintenance

link - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/different-ways-of-buying/buying-by-internet-mail-order-or-phone/distance-selling-how-the-law-protects-you/

that is the only get-out Andy, call outs effectively.

Archived