Where Do I Go From Here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSS14

Reaction score
Hi there, I'll keep this short.

Basically i have City and Guilds LVL 1,2 & 3, and some other IEE wiring regs exams or something can't remember from the top of my head.

Well I passed this well over 4 years ago now. When I first left college as I was full time and didn't study as an apprenticeship, i went and got a job not doing anything to do with electrics.

Well now for the last year and a half I've been employed by a company as a full time electrician.

Now they want to send me out on my own as I've been working with someone.

Basically I want to get my AM2 qualification but doing i have to go for a scheme or can I book it, as my colleague believes I'm more than capable of passing.

Any help would be appretiated.

Welcome.

The first thing I would suggest is finding out what qualifications you actually have. To help you when you don't even know yourself what certificates you have is going to be hard.

Welcome.

The first thing I would suggest is finding out what qualifications you actually have. To help you when you don't even know yourself what certificates you have is going to be hard.
City & Guilds Level 3 in Electrotechnical Technology

City & Guilds Level 3 in Requirements for Electrical Installations

Also have the City & Guilds Level 2.

City & Guilds Level 3 in Electrotechnical Technology

City & Guilds Level 3 in Requirements for Electrical Installations

Also have the City & Guilds Level 2.
What numbers? For example I have the C&G 2360 parts 1 & 2.

What numbers? For example I have the C&G 2360 parts 1 & 2.
It doesn't state a part number on the certificate ?

Assessment Number is the closest thing i have to that and it is:

2330-301

2330-302

2330-303

No as I've never been on an apprentiship scheme. Or I don't believe I have NVQ lvl 3.

You can complete your portfolio on line but you will need to do the work obviously for real and have the assessor's visits to verify.

I think idealy you should get an NVQ.

I think the 2330 modules you have done are transferable to the NVQ so you will only need to do a couple modules and the AM2 to complete the NVQ. Which woul dmake it quicker and easier then doing the whole thing.

Hi Jake

Yes you can do the portfolio online with a company called XS training, I don't have any experience with them but I have only heard good things about them. If you google their Company name you will see they offer something called the Mature Candidate route which is ideal for your level 2 & level 3 City & Guilds 2330 qualifications. They carry out onsite assessments via Face time or Skype using a smart phone or Ipad rather than a face to face visit, this allows them offer the NVQ UK wide. Once you have finished the Portfolio part you will then need to do the AM2 with an approved AM2 Centre.

Neil

for someone with no experience of them, you seem to know quite a lot about them....
Lol I see what you are getting at, what I meant was I have never done a course with them so I have no solid personal experience of their services. I have done my (market) research in the past on a few training providers and If a training company has some problems you will find out quick enough on the internet through peoples reviews on forms etc, but this particular company seems to only have good things said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have this qualification:

Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07)
Just dug out my certificates as I moved a while back and no idea where they were.

I'll email XS training and see what they recommend.