Indesit WA121

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beloved washing machine is stuck in the first part of the was cycle, it does not spin or drain...

It won't respond to any program and just cycles around in this mode (1st Green LED).

I might also add the RED LED was flashing first thing this morning...

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Kev

is the belt still connected ?????

my servis one was on the way out (bearings) it was ok until it got stuck on a cycle and wouldnt fill

so i thought that was that,,new machine bought,,,took the old one out only to find the belt had come off !!!!!

worth checking

is the belt still connected ?????my servis one was on the way out (bearings) it was ok until it got stuck on a cycle and wouldnt fill

so i thought that was that,,new machine bought,,,took the old one out only to find the belt had come off !!!!!

worth checking
Theory the drum is turning, it just fills with water and does the first part of the was cycle only (Slow spin over).

:)

Does it empty? Loads of faults in washing machines (and dishwashers for that matter) are due to the emptying hose being blocked by soap. (or grease in the case of dishwashers)

Detergent manufacturers recommend roughly double the amount actually needed.

Check the hose, right back from the outlet to the drum including the pump. Check the pump is operating too.

Thanks for that Taz...

Just curious why the machine is stuck in the pre-wash mode, regardless of the fault, but I'll check the hose...

:D

Washing machines are full of sensors feeding back to the pcb. If the pump isn't emptying the water out for any reason, it will sit there until the sensor says the water has gone.

Some washing machine pumps will unscrew the impeller from the shaft if there is anything jamming it, to prevent the motor burning out. This gives the impression the pump is working, even though it isn't actually pumping anything.

Most popular culprit is a wire from an underwired bra, followed closely by coinage.

count how many times the red light flashes then this will give u error code..

no of flashes

1=short circuit triac

2=motor jammed check plugs

3=ntc open/short circuit

4=p/switch jammed on empty

5=p/switch jammed on full

6=prog selector managment error

7=heater relay stuck

8=heater relay cant be activated(common on new boards try tapping relays)

9=inompatable eprom

10=pswitch not sensing correctly

11=pump cant be activated

no 12

13=dryer fan does not work dryer ntc faulty

14=dryer ellement

15=dryer ellemnt not working dryer relay on pcb probable

no flashes but door lock led lit but fails 2 cstart check door lock motor heater and associated connections

were there is a lcd display all codes will be preceeded with an f except h20 =not filling

count how many times the red light flashes then this will give u error code..no of flashes

1=short circuit triac

2=motor jammed check plugs

3=ntc open/short circuit

4=p/switch jammed on empty

5=p/switch jammed on full

6=prog selector managment error

7=heater relay stuck

8=heater relay cant be activated(common on new boards try tapping relays)

9=inompatable eprom

10=pswitch not sensing correctly

11=pump cant be activated

no 12

13=dryer fan does not work dryer ntc faulty

14=dryer ellement

15=dryer ellemnt not working dryer relay on pcb probable

no flashes but door lock led lit but fails 2 cstart check door lock motor heater and associated connections

were there is a lcd display all codes will be preceeded with an f except h20 =not filling
That is worth a Scoob !!!!!!!!

Thought that only worked on the wife - I suppose she's another type of washing machine ;)

Well thanks for the responses guys...

I did take the back off earlier today, and everything looked OK...

Then this afternoon, after fiddling with the controls , there was a click, all the LEDS flashed and went off.

We then set the machine to do a wash, it did this then the DOOR LOCK changed from on to flashing (red led), this is normal, it should then go out when the 2 controls are set to OFF.

And it then stuck in this mode (flashing RED LED), pressing the ON button starts a wash regardless of program settings..

:(

should flash few times then pause and start again but can be quick and all looks like non stop just watch it even takes us couple times to spot it

should flash few times then pause and start again but can be quick and all looks like non stop just watch it even takes us couple times to spot it
Well at the moment the GREEN prewash LED is flashing (regardless of program setting...)

Any attempt to close the door, the machine goes into locked mode and starts the prewash (it never moves out of this mode)...

As I say we managed one wash this afternoon, but now, we cant get out of this fault mode...

From the information you've supplied, I presume one of the relay contacts etc could be sticking?

; \

My beloved washing machine is stuck in the first part of the was cycle, it does not spin or drain...It won't respond to any program and just cycles around in this mode (1st Green LED).

I might also add the RED LED was flashing first thing this morning...

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Kev
Inde5hit should be the name, had a washer dryer from them within less than 6months it broke down. Engineer came out it had started working again then less than 3 months later the was a blue flash and bang from the bottom of machine , when engineer came out it needed a new PCB.

6 months later another blue flash and bang and yet another PCB needed, less than 6 months it went again got a new PCB and fitted it my self and guess what 6 months later anothe bang and blue flash. When I investigated it I found that condensation from the drum was dripping onto the PCB so thought sod this threw it out and bought a Bosch never had a problem since.

We've had an Indesit Washing machine for the last 15 years and have only had to replace the belt twice and the brushes twice (replacement parts don't to last the same as OEM:()

It's a great machine and does about 6 washes a week (at least!)