About To Reverse Over My Printer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been having issues with BT internet, just had new hub, took a week to come and we all know theres such a thing as next day....

Anyway set up. put new code in and were away, all working nicely... then I tried to print something...... 'printer offline' went through all the settings. then it said connected limited... but then the wifi was off for the PC and wouldnt come on until I disconnected the printer (wireless)

After an age, I decided to do it old school and plugged the PC into the printer. Oh no, Printer started something called autorun exe, from HP and then told me it had stopped the programme for my safety. Tried turning off the antivirus, windows defender etc but all to no avail. To top it all, the printer just started up and pretended it was printing something, just to wind me up. It would give me great satisfaction to drive over the damned thing which is why I am appealing for assistance

Not a CP1525n by any chance?

The most infuriatingly annoying, ill thought out, picky, awkward, unfriendly printer I have yet had the displeasure or owning.

I would live to have my old Laserjet 5L back. It worked brilliant with Windows 98 but I never found a printer driver that worked properly for it with later versions of windoze. It would go for years and years on one toner cartridge and just did what you wanted with no silly messing about.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you owned my printer and had to put up with some of the infuriatingly silly things it does, then you would sometimes feel like driving the car over it.

I got another HP because the last one had been brilliant.  I made that same mistake with a VW Touran (previous golf had been brilliant)

Is it a HP B110?

Mine used to "off line" regularly - until I bought a £4.99 mechanical timer and set it to switch off 4 times a per day - since doing this its been far better"

I also have a wierd HP printer, you need to set it up via the buttons on the printer to talk to your PC sometimes, especially for scanning. It's not plug and play in the way it firkin should be

Well this is odd, I have a Hp printer initially it worked great then had a stage whereby it kept dropping link and would come up as offline.

After doing some digging it became apparent that if the Internet connection wasn't very fast, the wifi would not work. Since changing to fibre b/b it hasn't missed a beat. ??

ive got a few brother printers, both networked. never had any problems with them, even whilst printing on office printer from home...

I have a HP all in one and it's good.

At work we are using a OKI and I really, really like it. Print quality is excellent and much cheaper to run than the old colour HP.

I have an HP b110a,  I think, only issue I've ever had it won't scan over wifi, but I've Prob never set it up properly,

I think you may have a Windoze issue,   :slap

If you use cripple, please change the previous sentence as appropriate, :slap  

I have an HP b110a,  I think, only issue I've ever had it won't scan over wifi, but I've Prob never set it up properly,

I think you may have a Windoze issue,   :slap

If you use cripple, please change the previous sentence as appropriate, :slap
The 110 is supposed to do that and I've rarely succeeded - so when I need to scan a document, I go to the family PC the scanner is attached to as it works there!

As for a decent product - the HP 110 is a heap of shyte.

I find it spot on, it only cost me £30 and it's worked fine for about 5years I've had it. 

Cab even email documents straight to it from my phone if I'm away from the house and need the wife to sort get something posted for me. 

I've never had a problem with my hp "all in one" just install hplip (ubuntu) and away you go...

Now connecting it to anything Windows (except 10) is a right palarva involving usb leads and everything :eek:

Its a laser jet 175 and running on windows 10. has been fine until changed BT Hub
It is the BT hub mate. Load of rubbish with loads of hidden security setting that you cannot change. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Went out. Purchased a Netgear and never had a problem since.

It is the BT hub mate. Load of rubbish with loads of hidden security setting that you cannot change. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Went out. Purchased a Netgear and never had a problem since.
I AGREE!

BT hubs, in fact any ISP provided device, is suspect.

Get a GOOD 3rd party device & I suspect all will be fine.

Well, better anyway.

Well, a bit better perhaps, maybe, ish.