Copy A Cd With Data On It ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have on CD , a simulated exam for 17th edit  2382   plus other electrical stuff ,  I'd like to make a copy for the neighbour's son who is taking the electrician's course at local college and has this coming up .

However , being a dummy , I don't seem to be able to copy it to my PC so I can transfer it to a CD . 

How do I know what format the disc is doesn't seem to say in Properties . 

PC uses Vista   do I do this in Windows Media Centre  ?

Have you not got a cd copy programme (and a CD Burner) I used to use Nero Burn when I used cd's. It would copy a cd to your pc, then Burn it to a new cd.

Have you also tried copying it to a memory stick?

Its a simulated exam  plus  the 17th edition  red book , plus updates .

I have no idea what auto booting means .

It says  file ....CDFS

A Forumite sent it to me about 3 years ago  so he must have copied it .  I'll see if I can find who it was .

Edit ;   Can't remember who it was , possibly PCElectrics

Last edited by a moderator:
Paddler I have been "FORBIDDEN " to enter that site , it is classed as " DANGEROUS"  by Norton and is a known phishing site.

I'll look at "Brasero " later Steps ,  do I need a seperate CD player or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
So long as you have a cd /dvd writer/ re writer you will be fine. Did your pc not come with copying software?

Have you a desk top or a lap top?

didnt think these came with copying software?

bif800.jpg

or maybe it did, its got 2 drives?

Imgburn is fine Deke, as the others have said.

Norton is just stopping you as the software, imgburn, can be used to pirate disks, so they are playing Police when they have no right to.

Norton is more like a virus than anything else...ever including actual viruses.

Try AVG or bit defender and your computer will fly once again! :)
Really  ?

So long as you have a cd /dvd writer/ re writer you will be fine. Did your pc not come with copying software?

Have you a desk top or a lap top?
A Desk top  Dick the IX    (  AND NOT  that device posted by Andy !!!  Mine is the MK2 version of Colossus from Bletchley Park. )

Actually guys , ( and many thanks as always for your advice )..I have just this minute copied it.    I just blunder through ,having no training or anything with these things , but ran the disc........created a folder on the page ..... sent it to Documents ....inserted a blank & clicked burn .  

Stepps ,  I ran the CD so its ready to use on the PC.........  created a New Folder on the same page ......dragged & dropped the 5 different sections of the CD into the folder .....saved the folder to documents .........removed the CD ......inserted a blank ...... opened the folder , clicked on Rip to CD and it worked.

Would - be apprentice was over the moon with it .    Now he just needs a job . 

Stepps ,  I ran the CD so its ready to use on the PC.........  created a New Folder on the same page ......dragged & dropped the 5 different sections of the CD into the folder .....saved the folder to documents .........removed the CD ......inserted a blank ...... opened the folder , clicked on Rip to CD and it worked.

Would - be apprentice was over the moon with it .    Now he just needs a job . 
have you any idea what programme you actually used to burn it with?

do you even care?  now that it has happened?  :C

Latest posts