Initial Inspected Work For Assessment To Join Niceice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichW

Reaction score
I am returning to electrical installation work after thirty odd years. I served my time as an electrical apprentice and have loads of C&G's certificates from back then such as electrical installation part 1,2 and a TEC 3 cert (which I think is equiv to the C&G part 3). Anyway I have recently updated to the recent 17th Ed. BS7671 regs and am planning to join NICEIC. I called them up and was told I could use my own house rewire for my initial assessment but have yet to follow through with this. I noticed in this forum it specifies work to be assessed as having to be done within the last 12 months so am not sure if I can proceed. Has anyone any experience or advice on this?

Welcome

If you have a credit card you can join the NICEIC. They are not the only scheme available to you. I think it is sensible for any scheme to want to see a job done in the last twelve months. The more time goes past the more likely things outside your control could have happened to the installation.

Personally I am not a fan of offering personal jobs for sceme membership but such is the way of the world. If your re-wire is over twelve months old then you will need to find a new 'project' at home to offer the NICEIC.

:eek:

You do know that we're now on Amd3 of the 17th edn....

And while a rewire is a great job for an assesment,, you'll probably need another 1 or 2 jobs for them to look at,,, Minor Works will probably do..

As for the rewire,, when did you finish the job? is there a socket or something that remains to be installed? IYKWIM ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Check on using your own property, on my last assessment I was told Nicey no longer accept you using your own home as a peice of assessment work...........couldnt see the logic personaly if I can test next doors installation why should my place be any different

You could pay someone to rewire your house and claim you did it.? :C

Unlike those who try START to rewire their house and then life gets in the way! :slap

https://goo.gl/photos/AT2ncZsihHcJZVXLA

Glad I'm not a cobbler. :)
[SIZE=medium]Life didn’t get in the way divorce did. I would have finished it …………….. eventually.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You should know you can’t rush these things![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In the 20 years I fastened the floors down numerous times. One of us would come up with another project a few weeks later and the upheaval started all over again.[/SIZE]