What's All This Then....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welll, the NICEIC are selling. Voltstick and Plugin sockervtester as "test equipment"!

I,however, would trust one as much as I would trust a 70/80s DJ/TV Presenter

Just saying
They have their uses in the proper hands.  People who know no better on the other hand......

The one that staggered me was when I called out the DNO who had incorrectly connected a 3 phase generator  (temporary supply to a care home after storms brought power lines down)  

I reported it was connected wrong and putting 400V on one phase, which had already destroyed a lot of appliances in the home.

the DNO guy got his volt stick out of his pocket. It squarked when near each of the phase cables. "what's the problem mate?"

He didn't seem to have come to the job with a volt meter, I had to show him with my meter exactly what the problem was.

Sure it wasn't economy 10? that has a mid day boost.

Am I the only one that totally 100% missed the point of the original post?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is sheltered accommodation. Always there fixing storage heaters and immersions. the residents have no access to the supply room where the meters are located.

I tried to check but the manager wasn't in a trumpton had been round and told them that they couldn't access the room because it was a fire hazard.

meh.

:C

@PD probably not :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Federal Stablocks!

FFS I remember them....got 4 in No 9 store.

Favoured by our Blue on Blue Hospital bombing, land stealing, oil stealing cousins

Admittedly......they were shi'ite

something about them not being reliable even the Americans don't like em.
Might not likr them but they still use them!Have you seen how they connect sockets, light switches etc!

It's funny how the tanks are still 30+ years behind us. It's only fairly recently they have started using GFCI's, RCD'S to the rest of us!

:)
Yes but you will find, and future History books will provr this, yhe Yanks almost certainly invented them....along with lamps, cars, found the Enigma Machine etc etc

Just saying