Fibre Washers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a worcester bosch boiler. there appears to be a washer missing, the ones that go on the pipe unions on the pre plumbing mounting jig. There are 2 x 15mm plastic washers for H and C pipes and 2x 22mm plastic washers for the flow and return and a steel washer with an o ring insert for the gas. One of the 22mm washers is missing. My question is will a standard fibre washer do the trick?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the "plastic" washers is missing?

They used to be flat fibre washers, haven't seen plastic washers before, must be a new thing, and there must be a reason for the change.

on stuff I work with tapered joints are still fairly common, not always mind, but still common.

not boilers though, never work with them, just thought they might have been the same.

took the remaining one in to a builders merchants and it turns out to be a flat 3/4 fibre washer after all. Had a day in the eye clinic yesterday and had that stuff in my eyes that makes it look like you're on drugs. So eyesight wasnt the best yesterday, they were white so I wrongly assumed they were some kind of special plastic ones. So I invested 19p on 2 new washers (really pushing the boat out now). Might delay the gas fitter a few weeks and save a fortune on gas :innocent

A lot of boiler connections these days are clamp type. If it is one of these then I would say source the correct part as the spacing is important to create the seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
standard 3/4 fibre seals fitted, same thickness as the existing one. Boiler hung, all pipes clamped up nicely, system flushed and all ready for gas safe man hopefully this week to do the business.