Oven And Microwave Combi From Same 32A Circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesp

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of buying a Oven and Microwave combi but first need to clarify current rating for running them both.

I already have a 6mm 32A cable wired from the consumer unit which was used for the old Oven.

Can I use the same 32A circuit to run both the Oven and Microwave Combi?

The Oven total watt = 2780W and the Microwave combi watt = 3000W (both state they need minimum of 16A fuse).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Jon
Hi

I am thinking of buying a Oven and Microwave combi but first need to clarify current rating for running them both.

I already have a 6mm 32A cable wired from the consumer unit which was used for the old Oven.

The Oven total watt = 2780W and the Microwave combi watt = 3000W (both state they need minimum of 16A fuse).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Jon
Hi

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Jon