More Problems With Vlc Media Player...again.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norton ran some sort of speed up thing yesterday that took hours .

Since then it takes about 10 mins before a selected video will play  .   Should I delete VLC & download it again  or is there a way to refresh it  ?  

Stepps ?

Delete windoze,?

Sorry Deke,  I don't really know with windows, 

But I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to delete and re install as a first effort. 

Norton won't be helping here. What other pieces of useless software do you have? How old is this Windows installation? It wants a good going over and tidying up at the very least, it does sound in a poor state.

Marvo , I use VCL to download from Youtube , various artists in concert etc,  as sometimes they disappear from Youtube .

So they are in folders ...on the hard drive I suppose .   They used to open with two clicks , highlight then open with VCL ...5 secs &playing  noe 5 or 6 mins or not at all with some. 

I hear what guys say about Norton , I know nothing ,  but it seems to be  doing it's job . 

Same with Windows , all I do is browse the net ,  the Forum , download music & chords , Amazon &  Microsoft Word  .

OK Thanks Duck .

Edit :    I just gave it a try and all the vids are opening up  & playing  in seconds .  And also previously , after you wait 5 mins for it to play  , it got halfway and went back to the start. 

Now it seems fine again .   I don't get it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably various things in the background updating etc hogging resources. Sometimes they start to trip over themselves and then none of them get anywhere so the only recourse is to yank the plug.

Latest posts