Pay Rates Improver ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmate

Reaction score
Hi chaps

I currently work as a team leader in a small electrical company'

I'm responsible for a Electric apprentice / improver hes 21 years old and is currently on 14000 PA

He has just completed his first year .

Looking at the jib rates are a little confusing so have come to the place that knows best.

Question is gents what's he worth at present should he have a pay rise if so how much.

I'm trying to build a case to put forward to the Directors' 

Thanks guys

Hi and welcome,

Is your company a JIB registered company? The JIB rates are quite simple. What are his qualifications? What does his CSCS card grade him as?

I would honestly say that you are the best person to answer your own question in regards to what the guy is worth. I get that you are looking for a starting point however. Really hard to answer without answering my questions above though.

Thanks Ex-Milkman for your hasty reply

I'm not totally sure if were JIB registered .

However i do know he hasn't got a CSCS card as hes not on site as yet.

I've spoke to his tutor and he confirms hes passed all within the first year but not sure what this consists of, i will be making a list of all his completed certificates over the next few days hopefully.

Hes on £6.73 an hour at the moment 

No worries me old China.

That rate is about the rate for an apprentice stage 2. I am not sure what constitutes that grading and the JIB handbook is ridiculously complicated.

When he applies for a CSCS card he will need to send off everything and the JIB will grade him.

The ECS is actually what we use and he should be geting his early next year to enable him to work onsite