2356 Nvq Unit 302

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padawan

Reaction score
Hi, i am currently working towards my NVQ, and the one unit that really seems to trip me up is unit 302.

The first issue is the key criticals.

Three electrical systems   1.1)  Lighting and control   1.2)  Power   1.3)  Multi-phase   1.4)  ELV   1.5)  LV Single-phase

For 1. Three electrical systems.

How do i cover the 3 systems? Does light cicuit, socket circuit, and consumer unit cover them?

i.e 

1.1 lighting and control - lighting circuit 

1.2 Power - socket circuit

1.5 LV single-phase - consumer unit

Three types of equipment   4.1)  Motors and starters   4.2)  Luminaires   4.3)  Control Systems and components   4.4)  Switchgear and distribution panels   4.5)  Components and accessories   4.6)  Electrical Plant

For 4. Three types of equipment.

How do i cover the 3 types of equipment? Does light circuit, socket circuit and consumer unit cover them as well?

i.e

4.2 luminaires - lighting circuit

4.4switchgear and distribution panels - consumer unit

4.5 components and accessories - sockets and switches

Thanks

Mainly domestic and commercial, i have done a very small amount of industrial a while back (tray work) but doesn't look like will be doing any more industrial work anytime soon.

All your key criticals have to meet the unit requirement.

Unit 302 is Diagnose and correct faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment

To meet the key criticals if you have to diagnose and correct a fault in each one so for example 

1.1 Lighting control circuits could be an outside light is tripping the circuit breaker and you carry out an insulation resistance test to identify a short circuit. The result comes up as 0.00ohms indicating a short circuit, upon further investigation you find that the light has become damaged and taken on water in the bad weather. You rectify this by replacing the light as the current one is damaged beyond repair, retest the circuit to confirm the fault has been rectified. (You will need photographs of each stage to prove the evidence is valid)

I'm pretty sure this is what you are aiming to achieve, I have never assessed on the 2356, so if anyone thinks I am wrong then please say, Although I am assessing on the 2357 but this qualification has a different structure and terminology.

You should really ask your Lecturer or tutor for advice, don't be afraid to do so because they get paid to support you as well as assess you.

Hope this helps

Neil