Bradbury Car Lift Fault Maybe Moter Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzietrev

Reaction score
HI THERE NEW TO THIS FORUM SO HELLO TO YOU ALL  A FRIEND OF MINE HAS BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH HIS BRADBURY T I CAR LIFT IT WILL RAISE OK BUT WITH A CAR  ON IT WONT THE MOTOR IS A BROOK CROMPTON 3 PHASE  COULD IT BE ONE OF THE PHASES HAS GONE DOWN KIND REGARDS TREVOR 

Caps lock button is on the keyboard, over there <<<<<<

if it was a phase missing i doubt it would do anything other than let some smoke out, thats if it didnt trip its overoad protection first

Welcome.

Could be many things mate. Sounds to me you need someone doing some in-depth testing. Far beyond what can be offered to you over the www.

These things are usually hydraulic.  When you press the up button, the motor runs, drives a hydraulic pump and raises the jacks.

When you press the lower button (or lever) it lets the fluid out without the motor running.

The obvious two questions, are can you hear the motor running as normal when you try and raise it?  and have you checked the level of the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir?

a lot of 2 post lifts are motor driven screw, no hydraulics in them. 4 post are often hydraulic. no idea which type he has. but yes, faulty hydraulics may well have enough fluid or power to raise it empty but not loaded

I refused a job to repair a 4 poster once.  Well I was damned if I was going to touch it while it had one very expensive sports car on the lift (raised) and another very expensive one parked underneath it.

If it raises OK without a car I doubt if the motor is at fault .   As said , the two post ones are chain driven .    Are there interlocks on the movable arms ? 

Is this a new fault that has appeared ...?  .... just wondering if someone has been fiddling in the starter box  & adjusted the overload down too low .

Thaose lifts are fairly trouble free .

Quite funny when they screw themselves out of the floor....when someone fiddles who does not know what they are doing!
What really happens then? (I am curious and have never heard that before)

What really happens then? (I am curious and have never heard that before)
If you connect them 'backwards' the down limit stop doesn't work as it 'thinks' the lift is going up,

So it keeps going down and the arms force the legs off the floor,

My, how I laughed that day from the other side if the garage......   :|  

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SWIFT ANSWERS   THE HYDRAULIC FLUID IS OK  THE MOTOR WORKS OK WHEN NO CAR IS ON THE  RAMP ITS A 4 POST LIFT AS I SAID IT WILL LIFT AND LOWER PERFECT WITH NO CAR ON BUT WITH A CAR ON IT TRIES TO LIFT BUT THEN THE MOTOR STOPS NOT TOUCHED ANY ELECTRICS  SPARKY COMING OUT TOMORROW LETS SEE WHAT HE CAN MAKE OF IT KIND REGARDS TREVOR

670px-Disable-the-Capslock-Key-in-Windows-Step-15-Version-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.