Electrical Courses Exam Simulators

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eodneil

Training Provider™
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have made an exam simulator for my students to use and now I would like to share it with all trainees in the industry. All the questions are my own which I have made up over the 9 years of working in education and the simulator was designed by a friend for my website, its not perfect and there are better quality simulators you can purchase, but its an excellent "free" revision tool and my students have had great success with it. All I ask in return for the years of writing the questions and the tens of hours it took to implement them in to the simulator is to spread the awareness of my business website, the courses we offer and "like" and "share" my facebook page if you can.

Have patience with them though its still a working progress and report any glitches to [email protected] so I can try to rectify them.

There are exam simulators for the;

• Both 2365 Diplomas
  • Inspection and testing courses
  • 17th edition courses
  • Pat testing courses.
Ignore the 2395 - 301 and 2377 -200 exams on the drop down box

Click the link for the Electrical courses exam simulators

Have fun

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
the 2395 hasn't been done because the 2394 is the same exam, I will delete this at some point to save confusion.

Try it again the 2394 exam

Ah ok thanks Blue Duck you are the first I have known to use it on an Android phone, I'll see if I can get rid of the footer somehow.

had a quick go at 2382. made it to Q14 before giving up

spell check would be nice

bad grammar all over

some questions make no sense

1 question has 'null' for all 4 answers

when you click finish and get to the results, the bottom footer stays at that point of the page when you scroll down, blocking the text behind it

had a quick go at 2382. made it to Q14 before giving up

spell check would be nice

bad grammar all over

some questions make no sense

1 question has 'null' for all 4 answers

when you click finish and get to the results, the bottom footer stays at that point of the page when you scroll down, blocking the text behind it
Whilst I appreciate your comments and i'm working on the footer problem, its because of a recent website theme change. Complaining about the gramma doesn't help much, its not an English exam, instead take a screenshot and email it to me that would be much better and helpful. Next time please read the information on the page and on this post and I have said there are "glitches".

This program is completely free so please appreciate the hours of work that have gone into this as a revision tool, I know there are problems but hopefully I can iron them out with people's help. 

it looks very unprofessional with all the spelling mistakes and bad grammar. think what you want of that, i dont care. maybe youre one of those who only wants positive feedback and ignores all the faults?

I'm with Andy here...

Grammar is very important,,, things like capitalisation of Watts, Volts, etc as they are named after people are especially important as you are aiming this at students who I guess are in their formative years and will continue with these errors for the rest of their lives, perhaps even passing on these errors to students of their own

Would you expect us to not comment if there was an error between a "M" and a "m"?

it looks very unprofessional with all the spelling mistakes and bad grammar. think what you want of that, i dont care. maybe youre one of those who only wants positive feedback and ignores all the faults?
Does a spelling/grammer checker check that all the capital letters are in the correct place?

I'm with Andy here...

Grammar is very important,,, things like capitalisation of Watts, Volts, etc as they are named after people are especially important as you are aiming this at students who I guess are in their formative years and will continue with these errors for the rest of their lives, perhaps even passing on these errors to students of their own

Would you expect us to not comment if there was an error between a "M" and a "m"?
I do not think that is correct. Yes volts is named after someone but when used as a unit of measurment you do not spell it Volts. You spell it volts. If you abbreviate it to V then that is a capital.

I've a (good?) 17th simulator. Runs as an .exe file. Only ever run it on Windoze machines though. 60 questions job etc. Must admit other than starting it I've never gone all the way through it but it looks like the "real" 17th exam from what I can remember. Doesn't cover amendments though.

Right just had a go.

Firstly what a great job. Very neatly presented and clear. What a great tool for your students.

A few things I noticed were on a few occasions when I wanted to press answer 4 I would go back a page. Answer 4 is very close to the back button.

On the results page the web page footer got stuck and obscured one of the answers.

Also on the results page, at the bottom there is an 'outcome overview'. It is not clear what this section is all about. It gives me a percentage score which I think is broken down into sections but as I say I am not sure.

Well done however. Great tool.

No Andy I'm one of those guys that puts in a "hell" of a lot of work into something and then doesn't like useless negative feedback about spelling and Grammar, from someone that doesn't even know that the first letter of any sentence should really be a capital (uppercase), doesn't know what apostrophes are (look at what I have quoted).

At the end of the day you don't have to use it, its there for people as a revision tool. You'll also notice there are no commas in there either because the software doesn't like hence some of the "Null" answers that pop up

Like I said guys I am up for "constructive feedback" (do you know what that is Andy?), if you got anything take a screenshot and send it to me or add it here just like Blue Duck has done earlier on.

Kind regards

Neil

Right just had a go.

Firstly what a great job. Very neatly presented and clear. What a great tool for your students.

A few things I noticed were on a few occasions when I wanted to press answer 4 I would go back a page. Answer 4 is very close to the back button.

On the results page the web page footer got stuck and obscured one of the answers.

Also on the results page, at the bottom there is an 'outcome overview'. It is not clear what this section is all about. It gives me a percentage score which I think is broken down into sections but as I say I am not sure.

Well done however. Great tool.
Thanks Essex mate, the "outcome overview" lets you know how well you done in each outcome so for example Outcome 1 could be S.I units, forces etc and Outcome 2 could be Resistors in series, Resistors in parallel.

I'm working on that footer thing, its a right pain in the arse. Are using a PC? I'll see if I can get some space put between the answers and the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think youre missing the point... im not the one trying to run a professional website, and it does look bad. so much so that if i was looking for someone to do training with, then you wouldnt have a chance.

No Andy I'm one of those guys that puts in a "hell" of a lot of work into something and then doesn't like useless negative feedback about spelling and Grammar, from someone that doesn't even know that the first letter of any sentence should really be a capital (uppercase), doesn't know what apostrophes are (look at what I have quoted).

At the end of the day you don't have to use it, its there for people as a revision tool. You'll also notice there are no commas in there either because the software doesn't like hence some of the "Null" answers that pop up

Like I said guys I am up for "constructive feedback" (do you know what that is Andy?), if you got anything take a screenshot and send it to me or add it here just like Blue Duck has done earlier on.

Kind regards

Neil

Thanks Essex mate, the "outcome overview" lets you know how well you done in each outcome so for example Outcome 1 could be S.I units, forces etc and Outcome 2 could be Resistors in series, Resistors in parallel.

I'm working on that footer thing, its a right pain in the arse. Are using a PC? I'll see if I can get some space put between the answers and the buttons.
I see. I did think that. I would guess that your students know what outcome 1, outcome 2 actually is.

i think youre missing the point... im not the one trying to run a professional website, and it does look bad. so much so that if i was looking for someone to do training with, then you wouldnt have a chance.
I am sorry Andy but it just is not bad at all. It is really well presented, clear and well constructed. I think you are missing Neil's point. Yes he will welcome feedback. That is why he has put it out here. To say 'it is bad' or 'I would not recommend it' does not help Neil in making changes. What is it that is bad? Why would you not recommend it? Answering those questions will assist Neil in making a better site.

Yeah that's it Essex, a lot of the exams depend on how much of a percentage you get in each outcome and by showing this on the simulator it gives them an idea what subject areas they need extra revision on.

I do not think that is correct. Yes volts is named after someone but when used as a unit of measurment you do not spell it Volts. You spell it volts. If you abbreviate it to V then that is a capital.
Wrong again.

Check your facts then come back.

It is Volts in the SI system documentation because it is named after Alessandro Voltaire, it is only ever a lower case V, when you are dealing with instantaneous Voltage measurements and with Average or Nominal voltages to distinguish between the Nominal and Average readings as opposed to the instantaneous readings, when doing in depth analysis, which is NOT part of the C&G syllabus,