Asus Eee Pc 904 Hd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poxy XP!

I don't want to re-install Windows if I can help it. The owner's a bit of an old Luddite anyway, approaching retirement and isn't interested (in learning?) Ubuntu etc.

So......I've done as much as I can on the net book, cleaning it up, got it back on the net and his 3G USB modem working too.

But...........every time it boots up, shortly after I get the "found new hardware wizard" pop with the "search on line or install from disc" options. Christ knows what it is. I've been through Device Manager looked at Hidden Devices etc and gotten rid of any unknown devices and so on.

Just this pop up is a pain!

But...........every time it boots up, shortly after I get the "found new hardware wizard" pop with the "search on line or install from disc" options. Christ knows what it is. I've been through Device Manager looked at Hidden Devices etc and gotten rid of any unknown devices and so on.
So there's nothing in device manager then when this pops up?

No it doesn't have Bluetooth.

If I go through Device Manager and get rid of Unknown Devices then restart, one'll come back as per the screen dump below:

Screenshot 2015-12-13 21.20.20.png

It's going back to the owner tomorrow whether this is sorted or not!

Cheers

EDIT: If I try and Add New Hardware from Control Panel it'll find an Unknown Device and prompt to install from a location or search the Internet. Just ends up saying unable to install new hardware etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the details tab look for the 'Device ID' then find out what it is using Google.

Does it have bluetooth?
Duly scoobed. You may have been right on this. Though there was no mention of anything Bluetooth in Device Manager I loaded the drivers for it on the off chance. At the same time I also reloaded ACPI Driver. So it was one or the other.

No more yellow icons / Unknown Devices!

Cheers