Windows For Apple Mac

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex1

No Longer Here
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend if the software advertised on line is any good. Does it work as good as the PC?

Can anyone recommend a suitable way to do it?

VM Ware fusion.

It's ok for a lot of office type stuff but can give isses with things that directly address hardware, e.g. Plc comms software.

I have a macbook pro retina display and use Parallels to run Windows to run easycert.   It works ok for me.

Isn't it funny tho,  that the most expensive OS,  and the most widespread OS,  both use the same basic kernel as the best (and FREE may I add) OS there is,?

Who is the more foolish user,?

Discuss,,,,,,

:|

Isn't it funny tho,  that the most expensive OS,  and the most widespread OS,  both use the same basic kernel as the best (and FREE may I add) OS there is,?

Discuss,,,,,,

'Best' is a matter of opinion.

I've got Linux, OSX (yes I know it's still Linux, :slap )  and Windoze all running on same machine with no issues,

No it's not. All 3 are based/born of Unix origins, but Linux and OSX are still closer to Unix than Windows is nowadays.

Canoeboy said:
For an interesting read, there is also a lot more if you google unix vs OS X vs linux

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/4091/is-linux-a-unix

So many people think OSx is linux when its not and OSx is nearer Unix than Linux.......

Discuss,,,,,,

Canoeboy said:
I use both

OSx rocks and beats windows hands down, what i do on OSx i could not easily do on any Linux Distro without some headaches

OSx is headache free, its easy, its simple, it works, and there is no stress

Linux (I use CentOS 6.x and 7.x is excellent, but its all done on command line (like DOS) and not GUI and its all linux based software and not anything windows like
To be honest I have no clue what you lot are on about.