Looking For Advice Again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the use of Firefox ?
bombing the yanks?

MiG-31_Firefox.jpg

You mean in general, or why should you specifically use Firefox instead of IE?
In general I suppose ....the reason my post is short & sweet is that it took 20 mins  from waking the 'puter up to being allowed to get to this section and type something !!!  

Other times it works fine .

Every couple of days I get the " Firefox is not responding "     or a pop up informing me for the millionth time that "The plug - in may be busy or not responding  " 

I may as well turn the fecking thing off TBH .

I dumped IE because that was slowing down & I found Firefox was a lot snapppier ...been using it for a few years  but now this "Plug-in" is causing problems but it never gets put right .

Last edited by a moderator:
What plugin is it causing the issues? What version of Windows are you on nowadays?

Windows Vista .     ( Don't tell Stepps ...he shouts at me )

No idea what the plug-in is ... how would I find out ?   .Its obviously a load of carp as it constantly plays up but FF don't seem to do anything .

Could I disable the damn thing ?   I've reported the problem about 9 million times .

Windows Vista .
Well, I think that is probably half the problem. Vista itself is probably somewhat bogged/knackered.

( Don't tell Stepps ...he shouts at me )
Yeah, well there is some justification but then he loses credibility when he starts giving it the old "Linux Fan Boy" routine. ;)

No idea what the plug-in is ... how would I find out ?   .Its obviously a load of carp as it constantly plays up but FF don't seem to do anything .

Could I disable the damn thing ?   I've reported the problem about 9 million times .
Start Firefox in safe mode (should be an option in Start > All Programs for it). This should start Firefox up with no plugins enabled.

Can you list the plugins you have installed? They should be in Tools > Addons then select Plugins on the menu at the left. Probably safe to delete most of them TBH but worth checking.

Well, I think that is probably half the problem. Vista itself is probably somewhat bogged/knackered.

Yeah, well there is some justification but then he loses credibility when he starts giving it the old "Linux Fan Boy" routine. ;)

Start Firefox in safe mode (should be an option in Start > All Programs for it). This should start Firefox up with no plugins enabled.

Can you list the plugins you have installed? They should be in Tools > Addons then select Plugins on the menu at the left. Probably safe to delete most of them TBH but worth checking.
I'll look at that ....I havn't installed anything as far as I know .

Canoeboy said:
You don't have to - Its windows - Windows knows best and does it for you without your knowledge :slap

(Although thats windows and generally wouldn't apply to firefox)
Settle down, that is complete nonsense. No point in me saying anything though as you will just come back with more ridiculous Windows hate propaganda.

I am not saying that OSX is/isn't better/worse than Windows but saying that someone with a 10 year old PC with a rubbish version of Windows should just fix their problems by spending £1k+ and switching to OSX is bollocks.

I know nothing . :C     ( Adopt voice of Manuel from Fawlty Towers)

Correction :  I do know something ........ and it concerns me sometimes ...... like I Google information on a certain guitar tuner ......... next day I go on Amazon to buy buy something  entirley different......and theres an advert for the very same tuner .   Spooky  or conspiracy theories at dawn . ?

Correction :  I do know something ........ and it concerns me sometimes ...... like I Google information on a certain guitar tuner ......... next day I go on Amazon to buy buy something  entirley different......and theres an advert for the very same tuner .   Spooky  or conspiracy theories at dawn . ?
I believe that is NOTHING to do with windows. Its google making notes of where you visit, and showing adverts that are similar to where you visited.

There is known problem with firefox (allegedly) but upgrading to the latest version is supposed to solve it. (But then again, fire fox asks can it update, as and when)

You can get the latest version of fire fox if you Click here

That's Google tracking you and serving up adverts based on your browsing habits. I don't see adverts, first thing I install on anything is www.adblockplus.org.

I believe that is NOTHING to do with windows. Its google making notes of where you visit, and showing adverts that are similar to where you visited.

There is known problem with firefox (allegedly) but upgrading to the latest version is supposed to solve it. (But then again, fire fox asks can it update, as and when)

You can get the latest version of fire fox if you Click here
I'll look at this later , I've dug out the  laptop because the PC is not responding to anything now  .   This uses FF but works OK .

Latest posts