DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Rayburn

Honeywell ST9400C

17 posts in this topic

Hi there,

 

I am having problems with my heating and hot water.  They work independently using the programmer but not both together.  Have read lots of posts here about this particular programmer but not found a solution.  I have isolated the programmer from everything else and then tested the voltage outputs and get what I think are unusual results as follows;

 

Heating only

Brown 67v

Black 240v

Grey 240v

 

Hot Water only

Brown 240v

Black 67v

Grey 35v

 

Both together

Brown 240v

Black 67v

Grey 35v

 

I think that the 240v signals are all as expected and that the other readings ie 67v or 35v indicate a fault with the programmer.  Would be good to know before I simply replace.

 

many thanks.

 

Nick

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transients? 

 

what did you measure with?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A standard multimeter across the neutral feed to the programmer and the live outputs from the programmer.

 

Nick

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact you get the same readings for hot water only and heating & hot water, suggests you have found your problem surely?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodgy 3port,

:C

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could be a 3 port with HW priority......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just for your info there was a recall on these programmers due to this sort of fault, I had it with mine at home, if I set the hot water to come on 10mins before heating all was fine but didn't work if both set to same time, there is a way to find the date code with certain presses (or a sticker on the back), then ring Honeywell, ive had 4 different callout to the same problem in recent years and had 2 replaced under warranty and 2 not so defo worth a try.

hope this helps.

wayne

recalled codes 1037 - 1139

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 8   Posted (edited)

The "Date Code" for this device can be seen on the display if the '+' button is held for about 8 seconds. This is followed by a check sum number. The two numbers will alternate a few times before the display returns to normal
 

Edited by monkey5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, monkey5 said:

just for your info there was a recall on these programmers due to this sort of fault, I had it with mine at home, if I set the hot water to come on 10mins before heating all was fine but didn't work if both set to same time, there is a way to find the date code with certain presses (or a sticker on the back), then ring Honeywell, ive had 4 different callout to the same problem in recent years and had 2 replaced under warranty and 2 not so defo worth a try.

hope this helps.

wayne

recalled codes 1037 - 1139

 

14 minutes ago, monkey5 said:

The "Date Code" for this device can be seen on the display if the '+' button is held for about 8 seconds. This is followed by a check sum number. The two numbers will alternate a few times before the display returns to normal
 

 

Didn't know that,,, however I have ours set to do HW and CH at different times

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there a switch on the back for gravity HW,? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for comments.

 

ive changed the 3 port and that made no difference. Hence the reason I isolated the programmer before testing any voltages. 

 

It idoes seem that it's a programmer fault.  I will look for a date code tonight.  

 

Again, thank you all for comments 😃

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it ever work properly,?

The 3 port was maybe not connected right in the first place,, :C

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 14   Posted

6 hours ago, soundgeek said:

Possible programmer fault. Possible fix here:

 

Probably already fixed by now as original question was January 2016. 15+ months ago. And the OP last visited 29 Jan 16.

 

Doc H.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 15   Posted

5 hours ago, Doc Hudson said:

 

Probably already fixed by now as original question was January 2016. 15+ months ago. And the OP last visited 29 Jan 16.

 

Doc H.

But a useful tip about repairing a programmer. Like everything electronic these days, the old "bad caps" problem lurks again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 16   Posted

but why would you even contemplate spending more than £40 of your time to fix something that isnt worth that much?

 

attend site, and remove programmer,

go home,

fix programmer,

return to site and re-attach programmer,

 

thats a lot more of my time than its worth tbh, who would pay for that ?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 17   Posted

And as it was only 12 months old I'd have had it replaced anyway, and this is a pretty isolated incident.

 

Completely not worth the time or hassle for anyone to even bother.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now