Fluke 1654 vs megger 1730

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane B

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm in the market for a new test instrument, however I have noticed that on the normal auction sites there seems to be loads of megger 1730s etc for sale but you never seem to find fluke 16xx for sale as often.

Have megger got it sorted now with the right firmware for the job as im reading on various sites and internet reports that they are still unpredictable. however the fluke 1654b for example appears to have been placed out in the market without issues apart from some people advising of dreaded null lead difficulties.

got my mind sort of set but thought id see what the word is off you lovely pro guys.

Canoeboy said:
They are both good Instruments, before you buy - get a price from Megger Mark at http://isswww.co.uk as he is a forum sponsor and looks after all our members. See my signature for his details.

awaiting price no reply as yet, sent message earlier today

Last edited by a moderator:
awaiting price no reply as yet, sent message earlier today
You would be better phoning them and speaking to Mark or Mike. Mark does not come on here everyday, so,if younhave Pmd him from here he may miss it.

i got a 1654b from him for silly money included all,the software, Earth rod/spike testing kit etc

Hi & good evening, do I just call the national isswww number as for  Mike or mark. 

Think I'll go 1654b depending on price.  I'll keep my old kewtech kt60 & 35 as backups

Hi & good evening, do I just call the national isswww number as for  Mike or mark. 

Think I'll go 1654b depending on price.  I'll keep my old kewtech kt60 & 35 as backups

or do what i did saying, hi is the meger mark in?   they will ask who you then say from an electricians forum

it wont be the first time they have been asked

you wont beat the price i paid for a brand new 1654b still in the wrapper ^^ even i don't beleive it

Canoeboy said:
You have only been a member here since Monday, Im well impressed, not only is the Avatar better than most your supporting our forum sponsor megger mark at isswww

i bought my tester last year, im just offering advice on the best way to contact him. (sponsers are usually not as active as regular members on most forums)

i frequent a lot of differnet forums

(if i had known of the place before i would have used them they stock a wide range of products and good prices)

i bought my test gear from about a few different places as no one stocked them all

Canoeboy said:
You cannot beat megger mark to be honest, try him for calibrations as well, he will bend over backwards to help out.

Have you done a review for him ?

Steptoe frequents a lot of forums as well, you may know him under one of his alter-egos (usually masked)  :innocent
will do, ill be sending my tester off to be calibrated in a couple months

you wont beat the price i paid for a brand new 1654b still in the wrapper ^^ even i don't beleive it
Called this morning given same price as listed on there Web site. But didn't speak to mark or Mike  held fire for now. 😭😭😭 is it just one national number

Called this morning given same price as listed on there Web site. But didn't speak to mark or Mike  held fire for now. 😭😭😭 is it just one national number
ask to speak to the guy from here.

if you speak to someone else its unlikely they will lower the price.

when i got my megger 300e i asked sponsers on two forums im on.

anyway on one there member discounted price was more expensive than the full price on a few different sites (there price was exvat say 300 but others had it for 280 inc vat)

did you ask for a discount after they gave you a price? if things are over 150 you can usually negociate a discount at a lot of places.

my best bargin was a makita 458 for £80 body only when they first came out.

do not mention you have been quoted less elsewhere until you have gotten there best price, say things like thats a little more than i wanted to pay ill have a think about it

...and therein lies your problem

i believe that only Mark and his assistant ( sorry Mike) have authority to discount for forum members

just re itterating

calling Monday Da Boss is back in town baby. oh I want a nice new meter to play with, lol

Hi All, the very active, fully supportive, #1 forum sponsor here, not on the site every day but as often as i can.

I have just sent a PM to you Ampsyaman, however perhaps you should call me on Monday as mentioned above, i will sort you out

a better deal than suggested.

Shanky887614 we stock the lot and we like doing deals, always happy to help, however we are not on here just to sell stuff and hope we bring more to the forum than just that, just as we receive a lot from the members, feed back, reviews etc. 

Mr Canoeboy thank you, i love it  :Salute  

Advice please from who ever has an opinion, I want new folk to join the forum, i want to support members, however do i offer the same deals to someone joining and posting once as i do to long standing members? Perhaps i should grade it by standing IE Gold, Silver, Bronze etc?

I promise this is not a dig at Ampsyaman, i have had this happen a number of times and i am always unsure what to do.

Well Mark.....i have a GOLDEN MEMBER and have been here a long time AND have a few posts under my belt, so ..."......

Advice please from who ever has an opinion, I want new folk to join the forum, i want to support members, however do i offer the same deals to someone joining and posting once as i do to long standing members? Perhaps i should grade it by standing IE Gold, Silver, Bronze etc?

I promise this is not a dig at Ampsyaman, i have had this happen a number of times and i am always unsure what to do.

if you can beat any of the deals that you  have already done for me I would be interested to,see how?

unless you are giving the stuff away!

just saying😃

Kerching, not only a Gold Member but a long member (serving)

Great site wished id joined years ago to be honest, as mentioned been out game for a while but trying to get back in it again, thanks mark ill be in touch Monday.

wealth of knowledge on here no doubt, one big family

Great site wished id joined years ago to be honest, as mentioned been out game for a while but trying to get back in it again, thanks mark ill be in touch Monday.

wealth of knowledge on here no doubt, one big family

It is not always a happy family, I had to give some members time out in the naughty corner only recently.