has anyone done the 2365 level 3 and the bridge units?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDAWG

Reaction score
I was told "2330 was replaced with the 2365 (class room) so 2365 level 3 next

then you can do a Bridge units to go for the NVQ 3 2357 but i believe you need to be employed so you can show work done in a folder

and will also need to do AM2".

Seriously you have to do the AM2? Why? I did the Level 3 2365 and that covered unit 303-304 fault finding, inspection and testing. and the you have to do a bridge course. what a rip off.

If you have to do a bridge course thats proves surely to be tricky. I had a chat with a college lecturer about doing the bridge units. Usually it involves going back to college once a week for a couple of months covering a specific unit. Problem is colleges don't phone you to come in to do the unit your going to be jumping in to a full -time class, part-time.

Unless there are test centres that can cover this unit . I feel like I'm going round in circles with this because my tutor told me that doing the 2365 we wouldn't have to do the AM2 or a brigde cousre, just the on-site portfolio.

I'd better start saving up.  

@eodneil will know far more than me but here is my two pennies worth. 

The NVQ is a portfolio full of different types of assignments. You can only complete these while practising the trade and as you are still in training you will need to have someone with you who is already qualified to check over your work. 

It is, IMO the best all round qualification for our trade.  You will co plate everything from risk assessments to testing and everything in between. 

I personally think the AM2 is a waste of time as you won't be doing anything new in this exam that you have not already done within your NVQ. 

Many thanks for replying, any advice is good. 'A small push in the right direction makes a big difference'.

Spoke to a company called 'Quick Step' that do NVQ portfolio and AM2 all in one package. I will keep on searching for more answers.

HI Tdawg

I know I have answered most of what you want to know in a PM but I just wanted to add here that the Bridging unit is very easy and doesn't take long. Generally I will teach it in a day then the student comes back to sit the 1hour exam and have a 30min professional discussion. The bridging unit covers some information on Environmental Technology such as a little bit on renewables and the rest is on Waste and Recycling.

Neil

Thankyou.

You have aswered the question that was in the back of many minds.

I will let you know how I get on through the coming months with the NVQ then AM2

I personally think the AM2 is a waste of time as you won't be doing anything new in this exam that you have not already done within your NVQ. 

Hardly.....isn't the AM2 necessary for full JIB recognition? So it goes hand in hand with the NVQ.

Hardly.....isn't the AM2 necessary for full JIB recognition? So it goes hand in hand with the NVQ.

Yes you are correct.  It is necessary if you look at it like that.  What I meant was from a skills basis.  There is nothing extra you will learn over and above the NVQ3.

Spoke to Able skills centrre in Dartford , london, They do Bridging unit AM2 and NVQ portfolio for £1500.00?

CTD Quickstep do only NVQ portfolio i remember it cost my mate recently £1000.  

hmmmm better wait for my next tax rebate to pay this one.  

Hopefully I get to do the AM2 first while the theory is still fresh in my mind.

LOL...yes it is. I was refering to my long term memory. AM2 is over a 16 hour / 2 day period I think.   

i did the bridging unit, i did 2330 level 2+3

i didnt study, sat through a 50min lecture then straight into the exam, passed and drove home

as i recall i think 18/20 passed (im not sure that two of them could tie there own shoelaces)

pick the odd one out

1.snickers

2. dairy milk

3. mars bar

4. brick

XD its that easy

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i am looking to take the 2365 level 2 but cant seem to find a good place to do so with descent reviews. i have found Alpha BSE in stratford London has anyone heard of them and has anyone taken any training there to get a insite before booking with them?

your responses will be a great help.

a little editorial abuse.

We have a forum sponsor @eodneil I am sure he will point you in the right direction, after all that's what he does for a living.

Haha nice one Manator! I actually looked for a second because I couldn't remember saying that lol.

If you are willing to travel an hour up the M11 then we can offer you the level 2 2365, you can also visit us to have a chat with students and the tutor which is far better then reviews.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

I would like to personally thank "eodneil" for the support I received regarding the “Bridging Unit”. I would also like to strongly recommend his company to anyone that is thinking about going into the Electrical Industry.

Trying to find out information I came across this forum to which he posted in. This then led me to his website: www.electricalcoursesuk.co.uk expecting nothing to come of it I emailed and told him about my situation.

Within less than 24hours he had not only Emailed me but had also had a phone call with myself, going out of his way to advise me and guide me about me Bridging Unit. Not only did he do this but he also provided me with some revision material!! Let me remind you "eodneil" did not have to do this as I am not even his student (Although i wish i had have been) so I can only imagine how much support he provides to his students!

If it was not for him I would be going into my exam completely blind not knowing what to expect. I cannot thank "edoneil" & his company "Electrical Courses Ltd" enough.  ^_^