Websites

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to revamp my website and my host has RVsitebuilder... I'm not too good with this kind of thing but I'll have a go.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials??

Or any cheap web designers that'll do it for me????????

With websites being your 'sales broucher' it needs to look the part. So many websites that are self built look poor IMO. Remember this is probably going to be the first thing customers will see and will use this to decide on whether they pick up the phone to call you. 

Mine has been on a holding page for some time because I have not got the quality of photos yet. 

Mine cost less than £500 which I think is a decent price and is a far better job than I could do. 

Another thing to consider is keeping it regularly maintained.  Nothing worse than a dated website. 

Well.... I had a few spare hours today so I had a go with RVsitebuilder

and in all honesty,,, for the moment I've just copied and pasted a load of the content from my OLD index page; I've still got some blank pages!!!

On this page there are a couple of things that I'd like to add... maybe a My news "thingy" on the RHS with a reviews "thingy" above it,,,, unfortunately though I've only got the one "thingy" available on the RHS so I've got to figure out how to add another one and then find out how to have an RSS feed from maybe my FB reviews (only got 1 at the moment) and another RSS feed from a My news page... Dunno if thats the right way to do it though... maybe the My news thing should be a blog rather than RSS feed...

Any constructive comments are welcome,,, bearing in mind that I know that I've got more to do