Blackphone BP1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

can it be used by the Chinese government to spy on us?

for £100 more (iphone5s) we could have the American government spying on us!

The Blackphone is supposed to be super secure. The BP1 did have a slight security hiccup security wise but apparently now fixed. It just appears to be a good phone spec wise for the money. If I could Linux it properly it'd be great.

The Shermans are going to have enough of their own problems soon, their military has adopted Windows 10:

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-news/windows-10-is-secure-enough-for-the-us-military-as-defense-department-starts-upgrading-machines-11364040959962

Wasn't there some talk of Huawei routers having a 'backdoor' built in,? 

Wasn't that RR?

Stuff on the net about GCHQ using Huawei routers.....and then employing Huawei to test their defences against for example Chinese cyber threats.....Huawei having alleged links to the Chinese military.....

And BT routers being made by Huawei and that all their routers having back doors

And the US and Australian governments refusing to use the kit.....

Ok,

So a bit of a generic question about these dual SIM phones,

Are both sims available at the same time, or do you need to chose between them,?

In other words, can I put my personal SIM in, and my work SIM in, and the wife can call me on the personal one, or a client can call me on the work one,?

Otherwise, I don't see much benefit,.

If they are both 'live' '  then I'd be seriously thinking about one, just a pity I haven't seen one yet with a decent camera, current phone has 13 whateveritis, yes, I use my cameraphone a lot, I actually bought this phone purely based on its camera, I can directly email pictures of the mess to the client for an immediate response as to fix or walk away,.