New Laptop suggestions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manator

©Honorary Essex Boy™
Reaction score
Hi guys, I now need a new laptop as mine is getting way past its best. If it were a desktop I would have no issues as to what I would want and would build it myself to suit. However I am at a loss as to what laptop I want so am open to suggestions.

I have several design programs that I use (autocad and revit) and all my electrical design programs are on my laptop.

It will not be used for playing games but I do need good resolution and good screen pixels. I have been looking at the Macbook pro but some lower priced laptops look equally as good.

Any suggestions?

This is the thing, most of my programs are windows but they do have the Mac versions so I am still undecided.

But does that not mean that you will have to pay again for the same programme? (For the mac Version) Also have you ever used a Mac? I got one just because I thought It would be better for a specific task, its probably just me, but all I now use it for is itunes, because I just can not make it do what I want. Yes Apple offer lessons (at a price) and when I got it (From an Apple store) they did say some folk find it hard to use at first as you will compare it to windows.

..............just saying