New cellphone query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had a new phone from T mobile who also changed me to EE at same time .  I only have the button phones.  

Query is , and yes I tried the Nokia webs to no avail,  how do I download photos from new phone to PC ?  

It was easy with old phone but not this one , cannot find any information .  I had the Nokia Suite installed , plug in a lead and tyhat was it .

Its a Nokia 222 .

have you got a microSD card reader? seems it has a removeable sdcard, would bet the pics are stored on that.

edit. Can you plug the usb lead into pc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue tooth?

I have a blue tooth dongle for the pooter and use that to transfer photo's.

I only do this because I have a second hand phone i wa given and the USB port does not work so it's the only way I have found......

have you got a microSD card reader? seems it has a removeable sdcard, would bet the pics are stored on that.

edit. Can you plug the usb lead into pc?
Yes I can connect the phone to the PC , as I did with the old one ,  then I used to open Nokia Suite and that did it .   

All that happens when I connect the phone is , it starts recharging ...and there is only one socket on the phone other than the headphone socket.

The Nokia help line sites etc do not even recognise the damn phone .    I asked in an EE shop but no good , they're all into the Poke it with yer Finger phones now . 

So I can't post snaps of Steptoe's dodgey wiring jobs till its sorted.   

Rob the Rich ....I do have some sort of adaptor that came with the memory card .....a Toshiba ADP-H502  Adaptor Micro SD .   It is still in the bubble pack, I fitted the extra memory card ..8GB  .

So what the hell is that for?   Where do I stick it  I ask ? :innocent

looking at the stats for the phone http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_222-7516.php

it has a microUSB port. Some microUSB leads only do charging, others do data as well. Try another lead. You should get the phone show up on windows, even if just removeable storage. There might be a setting on your phone to allow you to communicate with PC.

You might be able to remove the sdcard, put it in the adaptor and plug the adaptor into PC to read it.

Uh Huh !  Yes that looks like it would work ,  I remove the memory card ...plug it into the Micro SD ............aaaand ....stick it where ?  Any idea ? 

I just tried to connect but the PC said the phone was in File Mode or something ... :C

workaround, have you got a digital camera? put the SDcard in there and upload Steps' jobs via the camera lead.

File mode might be changed in the phone's settings edit; mtp?

I may have just changed File mode in phone , :C     and the pics on the phone have created a file in Microsoft Media Centre and are stored there .    Which is good , thanks Rob .

On the old phone they created a file in "Pictures" .

I use Dropbox. Very easy to use and doesn't involve cables.
That is a very basic phone, don't think dropbox can be installed on it. It is not like android. And don't you get hit with high data costs if all your pics are uploaded via cloud?

Well I sorted THAT out  :innocent
Well done, I know who to ask if I have any phone problems now.

That is a very basic phone, don't think dropbox can be installed on it. It is not like android. And don't you get hit with high data costs if all your pics are uploaded via cloud?

Well done, I know who to ask if I have any phone problems now.

If its a Nokia can't he use Nokia PC Suite - thats what I used many moons ago!

New Nokia phones are now windows based software after beiing bought by Microsoft and not the old Nokia software which is why the Nokia suite does not recognise the phone.

Photos could be saved in the phone memory and not on the sd card.

Ok,

I think I know this one,

You need to download a programme called

Windows mobile device centre

It's a Microsoft programme that detects and controls stuff like phones, sat navs,  cameras etc plugged into USB,

Thanks for the comments guys,  & thanks to Rob the Rich for pointing me in the right direction .

Just to add to your last posts ;

Yes my ancient Nocky worked a treat with Nokia Suite but this one didn't.

Had I used a bit of logic I should have realised the pnones were now Microsoft , hence it downloaded into Windows Media Centre.

Sceptical... the phone they sent me will only take 3 pics in the phone memory so you have to buy a memory card.

Now does anyone know what this Micro SD Adaptor is for

Ok,

I think I know this one,

You need to download a programme called

Windows mobile device centre

It's a Microsoft programme that detects and controls stuff like phones, sat navs,  cameras etc plugged into USB,
Thanks Stepps , well it worked last night but I'll make a note of that download.

Had to take PC back to a previous date and now phone will not download photos again.    Reason for this was last week I couldn't log in on here for days ....turned out to be the Forum Firewall keeping me out :C

I downloaded Stepp's advisory programme but still struggling ....I shall try again later ...download it again or something .  What was so simple now seems to be impossible .

I'd say Stepp's thing is the one I need .

If you change the date on your PC and set it back to sometime in the past you're going to encounter all sorts of things that will no longer work. Why did you roll the date back?

**edit** Did you change the date or did you do a system restore? I'm wondering if I misunderstood......