2365-304 what is meant by "assumptions"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillDWC

Reaction score
for the task we are to list our assumptions in respect to type and rating of protective devices, cables and equipment, please can some define "assumptions" and provide an example thank you.

The assumption I believe Deke has mentioned in the past is never assume you have closed the curtains correctly until the wife has inspected them and the spacing of the creases.

Doc H.   

The assumption I believe Deke has mentioned in the past is never assume you have closed the curtains correctly until the wife has inspected them and the spacing of the creases.

Doc H.   
And cushions

cushions can be a tricky beast

in fact ANY soft furnishings

once a Master of soft furnishings the rest is a doddle....or in the case of  Rolf...a 'diddle'

I believe that an assumption would be :

A light is not working

Assumptions is the lamp is faulty.

However I don't understnd what "you may may assuptions in  your project work in respect to type and rating of protective devices, cables and equipment, address and other similar factors" means.

What would be an assumption of the type of protective devices would be:

I would assume that the type of protective devices installed would be appropriate and up to current regulations.

is this correct

IMHO,

You assume the supply is 230v

You assume it's at 50Hz 

You assume in 3ph they are 120degrees apart, (let's not get into split phase and 2phase for this exercise)

I think the assumptions required here are the givens that all the calculations are made to.

You might also assume,, correctly or not, that a lighting circuit might be wired in 1.0 or 1.5mm T&E and that it's protective device might be a 5A 3036, a 5A 1361(now bs88) or a 6A 60898 or 61009

Like I said though... all assumptions which may be correct or incorrect