I locked off someones PV yesterday...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:innocent

Well,,,, it was protected by the same RCD as the shower circuit that I rewired and the socket circuit that I replaced a 1G with a 2G

the owner said "well at least it isn't the middle of the Summer"

What do you mean "it should auto restart"

I locked it off because with it on I couldn't guarantee the disconnection times on the work that I carried out.... going to sort it out next week

What do you mean "it should auto restart"

I locked it off because with it on I couldn't guarantee the disconnection times on the work that I carried out.... going to sort it out next week
Oh, I thought you meant it wouldn't restart,

Well, here is something, apparently now nobody cares if the PV shares an RCD or not, it's apparently not your problem, you simply turn it off to do your tests, then turn it back on again, and all is well in the world once more,

Just yet another half baked cover up for yet another half baked Fk up by the rule makers,,,   :C

I think that I'll keep on either fixing them or locking them off

This PV install is 5 years old,,, just squeezed in before the fit was reduced

They also have a 22mm gas pipe touching the CU.... he's going to get that moved..... Just the kind of customer that you want TBH

Oh, I thought you meant it wouldn't restart,

Well, here is something, apparently now nobody cares if the PV shares an RCD or not, it's apparently not your problem, you simply turn it off to do your tests, then turn it back on again, and all is well in the world once more,

Just yet another half baked cover up for yet another half baked Fk up by the rule makers,,,   :C

apparently according to who? 

Which rule makers are responsible for this half baked fk up? 

I blame Tony Cable. Just because I can. :lol:

seriously...probably the high fit rate creating a fly by night industry, the likes of the NIC creating a short course system for PV and the rent a roof mob for pressure selling and using cheap labour to maximise profit.

they will reap what they sowed, I'm getting more and more solar repairs, including a panel that blew off the roof in last weeks gales. Something to do woth the panels being 6" higher than the ridge tile.