2 networks 1 ip

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this possible?

Basically I want to have 2 separate modems on one phone line, so I can have 2 completely separate networks,

One will be set at .1 with a range at 10-50 , the other at .2 with a range 60-200

I have a static IP if that makes any difference.

why 2 modems? dont think you can do that unless yo have a second phone line. it could easily be done if you plug 2 routers into 1 modem, each router would then deal with its own network independent of the other

why 2 modems? dont think you can do that unless yo have a second phone line. it could easily be done if you plug 2 routers into 1 modem, each router would then deal with its own network independent of the other
That's what I have at present,

Well, 4 routers actually, and a modem,

The problem with that scenario is that when the ports are opened they are opened to the whole network, I was hoping I could only have them open on one side, :C

Ah,

Thinking about what you said, 

I think the problem I've been having is using my modem as a modem AND router, I need to turn off routing and use it as a modem only, I think, :|

My "modem" will run 12 separate ip pools, 4 wired & 8 wireless, 4 @ 2.4GHz & 4 @ 5GHz, I can link any of the pools any way I like, I can also isolate stations on the LAN so that they can't access each other only the internet.

So, it depends on the kit you have and what you want to do.

A switch may help.

I have a Draytek (2820 iirc)

It's not being used as the modem at present, but I could use it if it would be suitable to set up in the way I'm hoping for.

Yes, I have some of my devices that are unable to see or access other devices on the network. 

Latest posts