Cheap *One-Way* Remote 'Clip-On' Energy Meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinwinlow

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of a cheap (~£30) remote energy meters that use a clip-on-type sensor that reads energy use *one-way* only?  I am aware of the Owl Intuition but it is OTT and too expensive for what I want.

Regards, MW.

Loads on e-bay 2nd hand starting about a fiver, just put in wireless energy monitor, for example 141962335896 for £5 & p&p with 3 days to go and it is an Owl one.

+1

Had an owl off eBay for £7.

one of the energy suppliers was givin them away like sweets.

he's a bit weird though...

images

we were driving down a country lane in Shropshire the weekend before last and saw a barn owl sitting on gate, we stopped alongside and it just sat there for a few seconds, it then flew along the other side of the hedgerow at the side of the road and I was keeping up with it in the van for the whole length of the field, about eight feet away. Shame we didn't get it on video.

Just thought I would share.

we were driving down a country lane in Shropshire the weekend before last and saw a barn owl sitting on gate, we stopped alongside and it just sat there for a few seconds, it then flew along the other side of the hedgerow at the side of the road and I was keeping up with it in the van for the whole length of the field, about eight feet away. Shame we didn't get it on video.

Just thought I would share.
But did it at anytime tell you either how much energy you or it was using at the time?

:)