Banned breed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvo

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife just got a newfangled phone, one of those with a touchscreen and a camera so I took a couple of dog photos to test it. I also noticed I've got more attachment allowance than I used to have so with no more ado here's handsome boy himself;

wuti1.jpg

He's feeling sorry for himself because he has a cold and a nasty cough at the moment.

Wuti3.jpg

Chilling on the couch with his favorite cat.

Wuti2.jpg

Looking perky in the kitchen

Wuti4.jpg

Sitting to attention waiting for his biscuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the entire top photo complete with banana trees outside my bedroom window. If I run short of attachment allowance at a later date I'll probably delete it so apologies in advance if it's no longer there.

Wuti5.jpg

photo's of the cat would be better

The mangy cat managed to sneak into the one picture. Dogs are making a comeback on the internet, they got off to a slow start but mark my words, cats days are numbered. ;)

Excellent use of attachment allowance, thanks Marvo.

He's a cutie.

The only dog I ever wanted to own was a pit bull cross, just after they were banned, I had to look after her for the afternoon at a festival, we bonded immediately. Don't know what happened to her afterwards.

I inherited this one from his original owner who emigrated. I was a bit worried about the bad reputation the breed seems to have so I had him over for a couple of play-dates first to see how we got on with him. He was a hit with the family from the moment he arrived, when he first met the cat she walked up to him and miaowed in his face, he just grabbed his ball and dropped it in front of her on the off-chance she might throw it for him. He's got a lot of character, loves everybody whether they're young, old, male or female and he's a great family dog.

Only problem we had was when someone opened the gate one day and the neighborhood watch guy was standing outside on the pavement with his German Shepard and a Rottweiler. He saw them through the window and bolted outside from the lounge. He climbed over the German Shepard to get to the Rottweiler and the incident cost me a small fortune in vets fees for numerous stitches and a night in hospital. It seemed to be a one off occurrence, my friends often bring their dogs around which include Staffies, Jack Russel's, Collies and also a German Shepard  and he's always friendly with them. We also babysit the mother in law's cats from time to time and he's fine with them too. Guess time will tell.

Yep, it was time to get the shades out :D

:rolleyes:

@Marvo

I find the biggest problem with so called "dangerous breeds" are the owners...

next door to us has a spaniel,

it has a go at EVERYONE,

I certainly would NOT want it anywhere near my kids,

so much so that after telling its owner after the last time it had a go at me and I kicked it off,

and he gave me a mouthful,

I reported it as being an out of control dog,

it has already bit/nipped one neighbour,

no such thing as bad dogs,

loads of bad owners though,,,,,,,,,

IMHO

next door to us has a spaniel,

it has a go at EVERYONE,

I certainly would NOT want it anywhere near my kids,

so much so that after telling its owner after the last time it had a go at me and I kicked it off,

and he gave me a mouthful,

I reported it as being an out of control dog,

it has already bit/nipped one neighbour,

It would be interesting to know if there's some kind of statistic for the amount of bites/incidents for every breed. I'm willing to bet that the likes of staffies and pit bulls aren't at the top. 

Trouble is when they do bite I suppose they do a lot more damage than say a Jack Russell. 

Probably Chihuahuas, I know someone who had one and it was the most aggressive, low down, spineless, underhanded creature I've ever come across....and that was on a good day. 

and that is the problem with these breeds, especially when owned by muppets, hence some have been banned. All dogs can have a bad day mind you, my Jack Russell can't stand staffies and the like becuause of being attacked by aggressive rescue dogs of this type. Trouble is she picks fights with them now :shakehead

Ruby also hates delivery drivers, and just about any man that knocks on the front door. She isn't too keen on the post lady either, depsite having been patted several times (under my control) by the very nice lady.

I think breeding is an issue that means there's underlying aggression in a dog even if it's trained and looked after correctly, I saw it with him when he went for the Rottweiler, he was like Jekyll and Hyde.and a normally placid and happy dog just switched to wanting to kill another dog in an instant. He just switched off to everything else around him and became single minded.

I've always avoided rescue dogs because I know so many people who've had problems with them probably due to abuse by previous owners. I hate animal abuse of any kind and I feel for the dogs but they often seem to have been damaged beyond repair and I think they're a risky option unless you know their history.

American Pitbull were/are bred to fight. They have no other use associated to the breed.  This type of dog is fine if it considers you a family member. It is when it decides you are not when there is a problem. 

As has been said owners do have a hand but the breed is a to to do with it also. We have a Rottweiler and he has all the traits of a Rottweiler. We have brought him up in a loving family but he is still a Rottweiler.