• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted steeple mcb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switch10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi would anyone happen to have either a 45/50amp steeple mcb they would part with?will pay for it. Need this for Friday morning for a job and local denmans don't have any and can't find 1 anywhere else. It's to replace a steeple e series b32 which is undersized

Last edited by a moderator:
shower per chance?

leave it in, see how long it lasts!  :innocent

3871 type? CEF do a replacement for 15+vat.

Yes for for a shower, b&q have been out and fitted a 10.5kw shower on 32amp mcb which now keeps tripping and used 6mm cable so now customer wants me to correct there mistake

In that case I would be getting B and Q out to correct THEIR mistake at THEIR cost!
I did suggest that but they have said that they waited over 12 weeks for the bathroom to be installed by them they don't want to wait any longer.  

Tried denmans  locally but none in stock and no offer to get me one 

Last edited by a moderator:
NIC wont care, they have already accepted them so wont be able to do anything

unless they have claimed to be NIC but they are not really NIC, then they are going to jail

I think B and Q are covered by the NICEIC scam

complain to,them!

not fit for purpose, missold, non compliant with regs, not installed as per Manuf Instructions etc.  some of these may hit a nerve

I have advised the customer to do this, will wait and see if they do 

In that case I would be getting B and Q out to correct THEIR mistake at THEIR cost!

BampQ_zps2xowttfi.jpg.c3abf6cc941e9fa8367d1150eef476e0.jpg

would it not be easier to simply replace the shower with the same model but different power rating?
 Again I did suggest using a less powerful shower but this was the main reason the customer had a new bathroom installed by B&Q in the first place and they would like to keep new shower , so can't really do much,however if i can't get a mcb they may have to otherwise its board change time 

Did the B&Q man leave an electrical certificate for their shower install?  I'd be interested to see what they wrote on it. I would certainly be pursuing for a B&Q refund.

Doc H.

TBH,

I would have guided the customer straight back to B&Q with an EDN in hand, then see what they say about it, in fact I would have even accompanied them FOC!