• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted cablestik

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crick86

Reaction score
Would like to know if anyone is selling a thorsman cablestik 

Cheers 

Open to suggestions on building one but like the way the cablestik folds away and the sturdiness of it. We have one already but need one for another van. 

no idea. the frame was acquired a long time ago whilst emptying a building (legally!, not a scouser nicking everything). its the style used on temporary traffic signs so you can get the frames separately from the signs

something like this, bottom & top bit cut off, small bracket welded in to hold bar

57b932fb-fc04-480d-8435-a1e200a4c3f5_550x550.jpg.4531aeddb58365722572395c4c72e96c.jpg

http://www.tiger-supplies.co.uk/Catalogue/safety-signs/traffic-signs/Traffic-Sign-Frames/Steel-Road-Sign-Frame-714

I have a bit of 20mm galv bent with end boxes on the end, 

2 bits in a U shape with a long bottom part, one inside other, notch cut out of one inside end box for a 25mm galv to slot in,

I'll try get a pic up when I get home. 

Some good ideas really but for the ease of it would rather just go for the cablestik but they are like hens teeth. Appreciate the info and if you guys know of any for sale give me a heads up. Thanks 

I have a cablestick, its  not used much because it is carp.You can have it if you can unreel a drum of 6mm cable without it falling over within the first 20m.

I would happily take you up on that offer! If you want rid then send me details.

I have mase various de spoolers over the years...pics on here somewhere

made one for site work that is just a piece of 4" channel and a bit of tube welded at about 10 degrees to the horizontal

hook it  onto a vertical,stud. 3x2 or 4x2 

holds itself in place with friction and weight of cable on it

works every time 

at a push....pair of steps and a broom handle

just reeling

I with Kerching on this one, made loads over the years with just whatever is handy at the time, last one was just some timber lying about and a cut bit of metal curtain pole.image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: