Which router to use

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently got fibre BB installed,

Still not massively fast, but increased from 5thingimes, to just over 20mebubs,

Now, do I use the new router they sent me that is fibre compatible, TalkTalk hauwei 6something something,

Or, do I use my draytek 2820, which isn't directly fibre compatible, so I'm told, but, I have an openreach hub the installer left for me if I wanted to use the draytek, (he didn't see the hauwei router as it was in the other room. 

Ye, I've got 6 or 7 huawei routers, I use them as switches, :)

when I was on normal BB every time I rang to complain about my speed they sent out a new router to try, never asked for the old one back, 

Will have a go at setting up the draytek tomorrow.

I may need some help,  

or a LOT of help, :|

I had the misfortune of using Talk Talk as my ISP for a short time. That was before I ended my contract and got a refund for miss selling (antoher story)

Like others I have about 4 o their routers as that was standard "proceure" when you had a fault. The fact that the last 3 new routers they sent you didn't fix the fault didn't stop them sending a 4th.

thanks for the tip. I never thought to use them as switches. That might come in handy some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from slow speeds,

They've actually been quite good to me, I'm on business mind, 

@ProDave if you need help with settings for an hg533 I can assist, its not straightforward the first time, but once you do it once, its really fairly basic.